Low folate levels Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I’ve been feeling horrific for months but especially these last few weeks, just pure exhaustion between work and everyday life.
Had some bloods done and it’s come to light that although my iron and B12 are okay, my folate levels are at rock bottom... my diet isn’t bad at all though and from what I’ve read online with a balanced diet your folate should be able to keep your body sustained for 4 months. So I’m now terrified there’s some underlying reason my body has such low levels but doc hasn’t suggested any further action other than the tablets.
Anyone else had this? Any advice other than taking the supplements and continuing to eat well? I’ve considered getting back to the gym but I’m worried this will exhaust me even more?

Any advice appreciated!
HumblyBumbly
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
You can take folate supplements (very commonly sold for pregnant women but nothing stopping you taking them!). Folate can be taken in from having green leafy vegetables, nuts + offal

Usually folate is stored in the body in excess so you should to speak to your GP about it (and I must specify that I am not a fully qualified doctor yet - please do speak to a health care professional + in the mean time do try taking some folate supplements if this will make you feel better)
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by HumblyBumbly)
You can take folate supplements (very commonly sold for pregnant women but nothing stopping you taking them!). Folate can be taken in from having green leafy vegetables, nuts + offal

Usually folate is stored in the body in excess so you should to speak to your GP about it (and I must specify that I am not a fully qualified doctor yet - please do speak to a health care professional + in the mean time do try taking some folate supplements if this will make you feel better)
Thanks - yeah I have been prescribed the supplements and am continuing to eat well. I’m definitely going to go back and see if they can look further into why this has happened as I find it slightly alarming.

I’ve not been to the gym in quite some time because of my tiredness levels but I’m considering giving it a go again. Don’t know whether it might make me worse though!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (2)
9.52%
Disagree (2)
9.52%
Neither agree or disagree (7)
33.33%
Agree (6)
28.57%
Strongly Agree (4)
19.05%

Watched Threads

Latest