Acne at university Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
During 6th form I suffered really badly with acne to a point where I went on antibiotics from the GP.
It's gotten better recently to a point where I no longer get spots on my forehead and only about 3 or 4 at a time spread over my jaw and chin but the scars and colours left over still really knock my confidence.
Over the summer I tried my best to control it but its started to get worse again and right before my university starts.
I guess I'd like to know if acne at university is normal because I was bullied pretty badly for it at 6th form and it destroyed my self-confidence which took a really long time to build back up.
EC25
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I about a month ago started a treatment for acne after going to the GP. I am starting uni in a couple of weeks. So I still have spots, so you'll be fine. Good luck anyway
kurro
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yeah, a lot of people even in their late 20 still gets acne. Totally normal.

Antibiotics didn't do anything for me, so I went on Roaccutane for 4 months prescribed from a dermatologist.
It's been more than a year and it has totally gone. I do get the odd 1 or 2 on my cheeks every month or 2 but it goes away practically overnight if I moisturize after my shower.
Although at the start I got 1 spot every 2-3 weeks, I read online milk could be a cause for acne so I stopped drinking milk and now it only occurs every 1-2 months. (I drink soya milk instead)
Alexty28
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
I would hope that by the time they get to Uni people would have matured and moved past school type bullying.
Last edited by Alexty28; 2 weeks ago
Anonymous #2
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
During 6th form I suffered really badly with acne to a point where I went on antibiotics from the GP.
It's gotten better recently to a point where I no longer get spots on my forehead and only about 3 or 4 at a time spread over my jaw and chin but the scars and colours left over still really knock my confidence.
Over the summer I tried my best to control it but its started to get worse again and right before my university starts.
I guess I'd like to know if acne at university is normal because I was bullied pretty badly for it at 6th form and it destroyed my self-confidence which took a really long time to build back up.
Hey, I suffer from acne too - all over my face and back/shoulders.

I highly recommend buying Aloe Vera infused with tea tree oil - spreading a small amount over my face almost every night before bed helps reduce its spread and make it a bit a less noticeable

You can buy it from Holland and Barrett here:

https://www.hollandandbarrett.com/sh...-tree-60080957

Hope this helps!
Teigan182
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Nearly finished Uni and I still get bad flare ups of acne due to stress/hormones every now and again; I can honestly tell you that people at university don't care about how you look. Theres obviously still a few 'mean people' that don't seem to break out of the high school mentality but those people are rare
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (2)
9.52%
Disagree (2)
9.52%
Neither agree or disagree (7)
33.33%
Agree (6)
28.57%
Strongly Agree (4)
19.05%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise