anyone know anything about vaccinations? Hib and hep b Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
is Hib (haemophilius influenza B) the same as hepatitis b.

For uni vaccinations
xnyxnx
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
This is what I found

"Haemophilus influenzae type B (Hib) is a bacteria that can cause serious illness, including breathing problems or meningitis. Hib infection usually affects children and can be fatal.

Hepatitis B is a serious disease caused by virus. This virus is spread through blood or bodily fluids, sexual contact or sharing IV drug needles with an infected person, or during childbirth when a baby is born to a mother who is infected.

Hepatitis causes inflammation of the liver, vomiting, and jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes). Hepatitis can lead to liver cancer, cirrhosis, or death.

Haemophilus B and hepatitis B vaccine is used to help prevent these diseases in children between the ages of 6 weeks and 16 months old."

By the sounds of it they are two different diseases/viruses but can be tackled by a single vaccine- but im assuming that depends completeley on your GP if they use two or one vaccine.

Basically ASK YOUR GP BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING OR CALL YOUR UNIVERSITY.
black tea
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by xnyxnx)
This is what I found

"Haemophilus influenzae type B (Hib) is a bacteria that can cause serious illness, including breathing problems or meningitis. Hib infection usually affects children and can be fatal.

Hepatitis B is a serious disease caused by virus. This virus is spread through blood or bodily fluids, sexual contact or sharing IV drug needles with an infected person, or during childbirth when a baby is born to a mother who is infected.

Hepatitis causes inflammation of the liver, vomiting, and jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes). Hepatitis can lead to liver cancer, cirrhosis, or death.

Haemophilus B and hepatitis B vaccine is used to help prevent these diseases in children between the ages of 6 weeks and 16 months old."

By the sounds of it they are two different diseases/viruses but can be tackled by a single vaccine- but im assuming that depends completeley on your GP if they use two or one vaccine.

I don't think it's a single vaccine...

Hib is part of the usual vaccines that babies get but you have to ask (and sometimes pay) to be vaccinated against Hep B. It's a course of vaccines over several months, not just one vaccine.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by xnyxnx)
This is what I found

interesting bc the uni wanted to know if I'd had the vaccine but ticked no, but who knows. I'll make them aware.
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
interesting bc the uni wanted to know if I'd had the vaccine but ticked no, but who knows. I'll make them aware.
You should probably check with your GP that you've definitely had it
Anonymous #1
(Original post by black tea)
You should probably check with your GP that you've definitely had it
Does it matter if you have the same vaccine twice in your life?
black tea
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Does it matter if you have the same vaccine twice in your life?
Idk but I was told I couldn't have the BCG twice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (2)
9.52%
Disagree (2)
9.52%
Neither agree or disagree (7)
33.33%
Agree (6)
28.57%
Strongly Agree (4)
19.05%

Watched Threads