chocolatd
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello,

I did my Alevel in Eng Lit but I got a B and I would like to retake it (including the whole y13 year) however I can't go to my old school for personal reasons. There are other schools in my area which may accept me for y13, however the large problem is that they do different English paper.

As you May or may not be aware AQA has different english papers and while I did Eng Literature B, this school has done Eng Literature A, therefore the course is different- all the way from the books, NEA, and poems (the only similarity is that both schools did Othello). However I believe that I do not require additional notes or ideas to achieve an A for next year and it is my essay writing skills that I need to improve- which I would most defintely need the marking and advice of teachers. Do you think I can still continue to do the Eng Literature paper B rather than A- even if my new school is doing A?

Thank you.
Last edited by chocolatd; 1 year ago
NaeemC
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I don't see much point of fully enrolling into a new school just for a teacher to mark your essays, especially seeing as this new school does a different course to yours so the support offered to you would be very limited.

I would advice you get a private tutor or such services for essay marking and advice and then sit the paper and an external candidate.
chocolatd
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by NaeemC)
I don't see much point of fully enrolling into a new school just for a teacher to mark your essays, especially seeing as this new school does a different course to yours so the support offered to you would be very limited.

I would advice you get a private tutor or such services for essay marking and advice and then sit the paper and an external candidate.
That does make sense actually. Thank you.
By any chance, do you know whether it is possible to resit individual units of my English A-level instead of retaking the whole thing? Sorry if this is too much to ask.
NaeemC
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by chocolatd)
That does make sense actually. Thank you.
By any chance, do you know whether it is possible to resit individual units of my English A-level instead of retaking the whole thing? Sorry if this is too much to ask.
Unfortunately, I haven't taken English lit before so i'm not fully sure. However, you will most likely have to retake every unit as with the other subjects. When I checked the AQA fees for resitting document, they haven't listed any fees for the individual units but only showed the fee to take all of them together (£83.65) which implies that they must all be resat.

https://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-adminis...ies/entry-fees
Scroll down until you find your course.

Hoped that helped and good luck!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.97%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (673)
41.26%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.23%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.54%

Watched Threads