paintwater
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So, I’m on a Foundation AD course. I’m in student housing, but have ultimately decided that uni life just isn’t my thing. There are some underlying reasons too, but they’re a little more personal.

Anyway. I’m in a fixed tenancy but want to withdraw from both my course and my accommodation; the course has no fee, and if I have to keep paying rent for the Halls, I will. Is that probably the case? What’s the best course of action? Do I talk to the housing people at the college or do I speak to citizens advice?

No snarky comments, please... I’m certain on my decision, and I know I want to do this.

Thank you. :)
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by paintwater)
So, I’m on a Foundation AD course. I’m in student housing, but have ultimately decided that uni life just isn’t my thing. There are some underlying reasons too, but they’re a little more personal.

Anyway. I’m in a fixed tenancy but want to withdraw from both my course and my accommodation; the course has no fee, and if I have to keep paying rent for the Halls, I will. Is that probably the case? What’s the best course of action? Do I talk to the housing people at the college or do I speak to citizens advice?

No snarky comments, please... I’m certain on my decision, and I know I want to do this.

Thank you.
Depends on your tenancy agreement and your reason for leaving plus whether the housing is linked to college or not.
When did you start the course?

At your mystery uni then you will need to withdraw formally.
You will need to speak to accommodation.
Depending on the reason they may:

1. Expect you to find a replacement.
2. Charge you a fee and let you go.

More likely to be 1.

You should also check to see whether you get charged uni fees.
Also be prepared to hand back maintenance to sfe.

You may be able to avoid, but it sounds like youve just used up your gift year finance.
It will have much bigger consequences if you find yourself in this situation again. Be warned.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?