benness01
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I wasn't given accommodation by the uni and was wondering if anyone else going to Bristol is in the same boat? If so, we could exchange advice or go one step further and look into shared accommodation in the private rented sector perhaps.

Thanks,

Ben.
charlie300
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by benness01)
I wasn't given accommodation by the uni and was wondering if anyone else going to Bristol is in the same boat? If so, we could exchange advice or go one step further and look into shared accommodation in the private rented sector perhaps.

Thanks,

Ben.
Hi Ben,

I’m afraid I can’t help you, but i was wondering if you could tell me more about your situation. I’m thinking of applying to Bristol Uni, and I am scared that I might be put in the same situation as you if I do as I only live about a 30 minute drive from Bristol. Do you know why they didn’t give you accomodation, and do you think they’ll care about distance?

Thanks,
charlie300
jack1607
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by benness01)

Thanks,

Ben.
Hi there - in the same position myself and have signed up for a room in Newport for now. Happy for you to message me or hear from anyone else in the same situation especially with a room in Newport as went down to check it out at the weekend. Jack
jack1607
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by charlie300)
Hi Ben,

I’m afraid I can’t help you, but i was wondering if you could tell me more about your situation. I’m thinking of applying to Bristol Uni, and I am scared that I might be put in the same situation as you if I do as I only live about a 30 minute drive from Bristol. Do you know why they didn’t give you accomodation, and do you think they’ll care about distance?

Thanks,
charlie300
If you make it your firm choice you will be guaranteed a room in halls (that was the case this year at least) - problem is if it's insurance or clearing. This year I was told by the accommodation office that there were initially about 200 new students without rooms.
MatCenti2
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hey, just thought I'd pitch in quickly. I am currently looking for a replacement tenant in my accommodation, a family member is moving into Bristol next week so it would be a good way for me to save money living with them.

Let me know if you'd like more info, the accommodation is based in Cherry Court, right in the city center - I also won the draw lucky with really friendly roommates (although two of them are a bit older, 3rd year and masters degree).

*Oh I should also mention that I payed 3 months rent up-front, so you'd only need to pay £5300 for the remainder of the contract, ending in August 2020.

Thanks,
Mat
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (19)
7.92%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (135)
56.25%
No (86)
35.83%

Watched Threads