Good_lad2016
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Hello everyone,

I have just finished first year at Newcastle University and I managed to achieve first place in my year. I hope to apply to Durham University for Masters (I know I am looking into this a bit early) but I have a few questions.

How does funding work, is it still as simple as applying for student finance?

What happens if I don’t get in? Do I have to reapply to Newcastle to study the Masters to continue there?

Thanks.
TasteLikeChicken
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
First of all, is your course a 3 year BA/BSc? Because if it's a 4-year MSci/MMath/MMeng etc, then I believe if you graduate, you can't come back and do the 4th year- you have to continue on with your studies to do that.

However, if you mean a standalone degree course, then you can apply to both in tandem (or more). Student Finance is a bit different for masters, your post grad loan gets paid directly to you, and you have to pay off the course within the year. For 2019/2020 the loan was around 10.9k, and most degrees from good unis are around about that much (the masters I got into at Birmingham was 9.8k, nice to have the 1k left over!). If you accept a place, you have to let the other place(s) that you didn't accept know. Course repayment can be done in a few ways, but I'm going to be paying it in 3 instalments throughout the year, which I wager is the most popular method.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate