pms? pmdd? someone help please! Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
usually the day before my period starts I start feeling really anxious for no reason. I get annoyed easily and snap at my family when they talk to me. I get extreme feelings of self hatred and random crying spells. I hate being in my own skin. this generally starts the day before my period and will last on and off until my period ends.
I used to think this was normal, but having spoken to friends about it it has become apparent that none of them experience these symptoms to the extent I do.

I did see my gp about it but they weren't much help. they focused on the physical pain I get instead of the emotional and mental issues (which can often be worse than the cramps).

I now don't really know who to turn to. I also don't know if i'm what I'm experiencing is pmdd or not. I am also confused because all the research i've done says that pms and pmdd affects you the week before your period, and my symptoms are during.

It really does affect my life, as it leaves me with no motivation and general self-hatred.

If anyone has any idea what this is/how I can deal with it it would be greatly appreciated x
lucyddf72
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
There’s a great group on Facebook UK PMDD if you want to ask to join. Basically anything is fair game so don’t rule it out cos your body isn’t fitting into the text book descriptions x I am a fellow sufferer. Coming off the pill was a game changer for me. That was making things worse.
s45436934
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
This sound like a hormonal issue to me if your moods are so up and down. I used to have similar issues. Have you considered contraceptives such as the pill? I get the contraceptive injection once every three months now and haven't had a period since although some girls still do (I was quite light for only a few days but very intense emotions and pms symptoms both before and during). Since getting this I can't even tell where I am in a cycle and experience no changes in my mood. With the pill it may not be as effective as you still have a monthly cycle. I would recommend the injection most but other methods such as the implant or the coil may work for you too. I hope this helps, feel free to dm me if you want some more advice
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hey,

I used to be like that (although yours sounds a little more extreme). I went on the pill just over a year ago, and it's improved my symptoms a lot.

Would the possibility of contraception be something you would consider?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (8)
6.25%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (72)
56.25%
No (48)
37.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed