City council candidate who wanted city 'as white as possible' withdraws from race Watch

AngeryPenguin
Badges: 18
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Ms Cramer was one of five residents — two incumbents and two others — vying for three seats.

During a city election forum last Thursday, Cramer had been the first to respond to a question about attracting foreign-born residents to the community when she responded: “Keep Marysville a white community as much as possible.”

Cramer added that she didn’t believe people of different races should get married.

Community leaders called for Cramer to withdraw. The mayor said he didn’t believe Cramer was “fit to serve as an elected official in Marysville or anywhere else.”

However, as of that afternoon, she said withdrawing wasn’t in her plans. During a separate interview, she doubled down on her vile comments from the previous day, adding that she didn’t believe her comments were racist.

“As far as I know, as long as we’ve been here, Marysville has been a white community, a white city,” Cramer told the Times Herald. “… If we have seen a black person here and there, whatever, we’re not bothered by it. I’m not bothered by it.”

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/n...ds/2123917001/

Shocking that people like this exist in 2019.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by AngeryPenguin)

Shocking that people like this exist in 2019.
Seriously?
Andrew97
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It’s better that she stands and says more stupid stuff and hopefully gets humiliated in the polls, rather than be forced to withdraw and use that to play the victim.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I'm relieved to hear this wasn't in the UK but still worried at the idea that somebody could believe these things, and worse have the stupidity not to recognise it as racism.

The one thing you can give racists credit for is when they openly admit to being racists.
Last edited by 04MR17; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (188)
23.98%
Pop (191)
24.36%