_sammy_501
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Hi there! I have just started year 11 and am interested in working smart rather than hard. It has come to my attention that copying notes is of little value as you don’t take in the information. However would taking notes whilst watching videos be beneficial. There are many great video tutors like hegartymaths and mygcsescience which are excellent but is taking notes whilst watching beneficial?
LeeTheDork
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
I'd say so. As long as you process the information and write it down in key points rather than just copying what they say. For maths and science, application is everything so practice questions are the best way to study smart rather than hard.
I'm in year 11 as well and so this advice is from what I've heard from countless GCSE videos and people I know who did well in Year 10 mocks.
I hope this was helpful, good luck!
_sammy_501
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
(Original post by LeeTheDork)
I'd say so. As long as you process the information and write it down in key points rather than just copying what they say. For maths and science, application is everything so practice questions are the best way to study smart rather than hard.
I'm in year 11 as well and so this advice is from what I've heard from countless GCSE videos and people I know who did well in Year 10 mocks.
I hope this was helpful, good luck!
Thanks you very much and good luck‼️
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (222)
60.99%
No (76)
20.88%
Not sure (66)
18.13%

Watched Threads