Awkard Silences? Watch

This discussion is closed.
thediva
Badges: 0
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by THE PROPHETOR!)
hey guys...

Ok, i'm trying to get with this girl at a party tonight, but It always goes sour due to awkard silences...

How do you avoid them?

Thanks

Jason
Be witty and ask her questions about herself (us girls like to talk about ourselves!) . Be a little cheeky but not too rude as this would probably put her off.
Werther
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
The trick is to talk to them as if they were the same sex and talk to their faces and not thier bubes.
Then you will be stuck playing the role of "non-threatening male companion". Nevertheless, it's a noble duty!
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Werther)
Then you will be stuck playing the role of "non-threatening male companion". Nevertheless, it's a noble duty!
Lol with my looks its the only way I get to have a conversation with females without them running a mile.

Eye contact is always good as well as that shows that you're not emberassed
Shushi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
sorry if this is off topic, but these days i kept having awkard silences with my best friend :eek: why do u think that is? I don't know what's happening to us
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by shushimeng)
sorry if this is off topic, but these days i kept having awkard silences with my best friend :eek: why do u think that is? I don't know what's happening to us
You're probably just running out of things you have in common. It happens when people get older and find new things. Especialy when you leave school people move on and develop their own lives. I met my best mate in college but for a year after we both left we didn't have that much in common, only in the last year both our music tastes of change so we now like the same music, the music is the one major thing we have in common and thats enough. The fact we both get a bit worried about time is also a big bonus as I don't get on with laid back people because I worry they will make me late for somthing (I hate lateness) and they think I am mithering stressed out fuss pot
happysoul
Report 14 years ago
Is your best friend a boy or a girl? You're probably just becoming different people, it happens. Keep smiling.
Shushi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
You're probably just running out of things you have in common. It happens when people get older and find new things. Especialy when you leave school people move on and develop their own lives. I met my best mate in college but for a year after we both left we didn't have that much in common, only in the last year both our music tastes of change so we now like the same music, the music is the one major thing we have in common and thats enough. The fact we both get a bit worried about time is also a big bonus as I don't get on with laid back people because I worry they will make me late for somthing (I hate lateness) and they think I am mithering stressed out fuss pot
Yeah true, I am just not used to it. We used to talk 24/7 and never have enough time to finish what we saying, and suddenly *bang* it's gone it's quite scary
We have so many things in common (LOL both of us are super lazy) and true I realized we are different in many ways, I think I need to find out what it is rather than let it pass. Life could be so weird, one minute we are so close, and the next we aren’t.
And glad to hear from you again AT
majinbuu
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
A similar thing is happening with one of my best mates We literally were as close as brothers, but since we've both gone to university it's been harder and harder to talk to him.
......?
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
My 3 best friends all went to different colleges and so I have to spend a few hours re-adjusting to them when I meet them again before we can have flowing conversations.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (667)
80.65%
Leave (160)
19.35%

Watched Threads