Can you go from a D grade to an a grade???

Watch
student27170102
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Is it possible to go from a D in year 12 chemistry to an A?
or from a D in maths year 12 to an A?

If yes, does anyone have any tips or resources?
Will appreciate any advice xx
allenpc
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes, this is possible, but needless to say, you're going to need to put A LOT of work in! My teacher told me about a student who got a D in Physics at AS but managed to bring this grade up to an A at A2.

There's no secret to doing well. It's as simple as understanding the content and applying it in questions or past exam papers. Also make sure you read each question carefully and answer them fully, paying attention to the number of marks allocated.

You'll know that you understand the content if you can explain it without looking. If you can't explain a particular section of your course, look over it again.

For both subjects, but especially mathematics, the most important thing is practicing answering questions, and learning from your mistakes.

Also, make sure your revision is relevant. Use your subject specification alongside your revision.

Good luck.
helicopterparent
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Yes
DiamondArtist
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi, I was a U grade in Maths when I finished the course and then it was just revision, and I was a D grade for Biology when I finished for study leave. I managed to get B's in both of them, so not quite an A but I put a lot of effort into Maths. My favourite maths resource was TLMaths Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCg...YQcHuMIc-Kv-Uw It was really helpful explaining everything about Maths and I just wish I had found it earlier as I had only found it a week and a bit before my exam. Also, just really dedicate yourself to revision during any free periods and free time. Don't go to as many social events with friends. Obviously still go to some but just not like every weekend. By December we were only meeting up once a month and then by April we never met up.
student27170102
Rep:
?
thank you allenpc!! Really do appreciate the advice. I normaly work really hard and managed to get all A* in my gcses but had a really bad year in y12. My teachers weren't very supportive and dont think its possible to go to an A from a D.
student27170102
Rep:
?
Thank you DiamondArtist!! I will definitely check the youtube channel out i needed a resource for maths anyway. Thats the weird thing im not really a social person and i probably worked in 80% of my frees yet i didnt do too well. i just cant figure out why
username4889668
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
happened to jade west in the 8th grade

please someone get this reference*
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
22.3%
Excited but a bit nervous (129)
44.95%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.54%
I'm really nervous (58)
20.21%

Watched Threads