The Student Room Group

my dad rarely showers and I have OCD

Hey! I'm Angela and I'm 16.
I currently suffer from severe OCD and I'm living with my parents who have separated.

I visit my mother 2 days a week and my father 5 days a week. I mostly visit my dad and occasionally visit my mum.

I most of the time clean the house at my dad's. I wash dishes, disinfect the kitchen stand, clean clothes, clean the toilets, wipe tables, shower, do the bed and other etc on a daily basis most of the time.

The problem is. I get angry very easily and I feel aggressive and angry so easily. I end up saying hurtful things I regret but it's too late. my dad doesn't seem to care that I speak badly to him because he's used to it. I end up crying and apologising but it seems to go into a cycle and I'm sick to death of it.

The reason I get angry is because he isn't clean. I have OCD but I'm not saying he's not clean because I have OCD but because he REALLY isn't clean. He often showers every 2 weeks and rarely weekly. He doesn't really clean up the house after himself. He used to let dishes pile up in mountains before washing them and I used to get angry at this.

Please help me!! how can I live with a person who doesn't shower often. I ask him why but he says he has diabetes and takes medication and gets dizzy in showers but I think it's because he's lazy.

It's hard getting angry and saying horrible things but I physically feel sick around him and I want him to shower daily and change his own bedding and clean the floors aswell as I also have to focus on my GCSE's as I'm in year 11. I can't clean and study.
I also need him to take showers because I feel sick and angry and I feel like I'm going to end up hurting someone. I keep asking to be referred to people to help me with my ocd but it doesn't help and no one seems to care.

what do I do about my dad's lack of hygiene???
This is just a mad situation idk what to say to you but I hope you get through it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending