What show should I watch to fill the Strictly void?

Watch
username3161682
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I don't watch a whole lot of TV, but one show that I really have committed to watching is Strictly Come Dancing. I've watched it for 10 years now since I was 8 years old. I love it, I love to watch dancing and everything about it.

Last year's series was a bit of a mess and so far, this year is worse - it's a total dumpster fire already and it's not even started, not helped by the fact that my favourite celeb got my least favourite pro dancer who is a total wet blanket and will ruin my enjoyment of the celeb. One of the other celebs that I liked ended up withdrawing yesterday.

At this point, I'm really thinking of sitting this series out or perhaps hanging up my Strictly shoes for good.

There are versions of the show abroad which I do follow but I can't see them live and I can only watch clips on catchup/YouTube.

What should I watch to fill the void? Any recommendations? It's such a shame to see a show that you love going down the drain.
I'm God
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Smallville
Buffy The Vampire Slayer
How I met your mother
Yu-Gi-Oh (I really enjoyed GX)
biggyK
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Depends what you’re into.

Personally:

Peaky blinders
Top gear
The grand tour
The boys
The great night out
Re watching classic total wipeout
Gadget show

All just fills my spare time
username3161682
Rep:
?
(Original post by biggyK)
Depends what you’re into.
I don't actually know what I'm into. There's nothing else that is really like Strictly out there.

Damn I guess this is harder than I thought.
biggyK
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I guess you could watch dancing on ice
Emma:-)
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Salvage hunters
mrs browns boys
Deggs_14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Why are you criticising the programme before it’s even happened?
username3161682
Rep:
?
(Original post by Deggs_14)
Why are you criticising the programme before it’s even happened?
The cast isn't good and the one celeb that I was rooting for got my least favourite pro dancer. Then, there was the drama of Jamie Laing pulling out and the possibility of Tim Lovejoy taking his place (praying that doesn't happen).
quasa
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by I'm God)
Yu-Gi-Oh (I really enjoyed GX)
Japanese dub 5d's. nuff said.
quasa
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Joe2001)
I don't watch a whole lot of TV, but one show that I really have committed to watching is Strictly Come Dancing. I've watched it for 10 years now since I was 8 years old. I love it, I love to watch dancing and everything about it.

Last year's series was a bit of a mess and so far, this year is worse - it's a total dumpster fire already and it's not even started, not helped by the fact that my favourite celeb got my least favourite pro dancer who is a total wet blanket and will ruin my enjoyment of the celeb. One of the other celebs that I liked ended up withdrawing yesterday.

At this point, I'm really thinking of sitting this series out or perhaps hanging up my Strictly shoes for good.

There are versions of the show abroad which I do follow but I can't see them live and I can only watch clips on catchup/YouTube.

What should I watch to fill the void? Any recommendations? It's such a shame to see a show that you love going down the drain.

Id recommend GBBO (great british bake off) to be honest.
biggyK
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Could watch coronation street, try watching each series 😂 that’ll keep you entertained for at least 5 years
snazzy viking
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I know friends who like friends
biggyK
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Gavin and Stacey
I'm God
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by quasa)
Japanese dub 5d's. nuff said.
I actually really liked the opening song for 5Ds.
The story was quite good especially since Yusei was such a good duelist.

BUT!
Nothing beats GX in my opinion. The storyline was the best out of all the Yu Gi Ohs. It's too bad they never dubbed the last season (the best one)
quasa
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by I'm God)
I actually really liked the opening song for 5Ds.
The story was quite good especially since Yusei was such a good duelist.

BUT!
Nothing beats GX in my opinion. The storyline was the best out of all the Yu Gi Ohs. It's too bad they never dubbed the last season (the best one)
ooh, which opening (personal fav. of 5ds is the 2nd one and the last one of the japanese dub - I couldnt stand the english one).

agree about dubbing the final season of GX, especially the Yugi/Atem vs Jaden/Yubel duel. Personally, I felt the dub of GX was better than the original, but the japanese is better re: 5ds onwards. (ther eis a yugioh soc thread on tsr btw, feel free to visit and post on it).
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Joe2001)

Bit premature as its still running atm aside from Striclty there's also BGT:the champions, X Factors coming back soon (slightly different this time), also the Apprentice, and Bake Off. Additionally if you have Netflix Americas Got Talent is on there if your interested in that kind of talent shows
I'm God
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by quasa)
ooh, which opening (personal fav. of 5ds is the 2nd one and the last one of the japanese dub - I couldnt stand the english one).

agree about dubbing the final season of GX, especially the Yugi/Atem vs Jaden/Yubel duel. Personally, I felt the dub of GX was better than the original, but the japanese is better re: 5ds onwards. (ther eis a yugioh soc thread on tsr btw, feel free to visit and post on it).
Top 5 openings in order: 5Ds (Hyperdrive), GX, Original, Zexal, Arc V

Yeah, the final season of GX was incredible. I really wanted to see where Jaden ended up afterwards as I don't think I saw a reference to him in any of the future Yu-Gi-Oh series and he was my favourite MC which was quite sad. Also, he ended up a bit alone in real life despite his fusion (a bit heart-breaking).

I fear I have watched too much Yu-Gi-Oh.

VRAINS is also kind of good despite my dislike for the art style :cry:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (22)
18.64%
I'm not sure (2)
1.69%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (35)
29.66%
I have already dropped out (3)
2.54%
I'm not a current university student (56)
47.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed