Meningitis HELPPPPPP Watch

Kindred
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hi! I was born after August 1999 and I had vaccines in year 9 and 10. Do I need to see my gp to get this one too??? Thanks

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/vaccin...-acwy-vaccine/
It sounds like you may have already had it. Your doctors surgery should have the records for if you have had it or not, so call up and ask. If you haven't already had it then ask if you could arrange getting it. If you have already had it then you do not need it again. The link says its for students who haven't already had it in yr 9/10. I can't see it saying anything about a booster for this vaccine that you would need after already getting one in Yr 9/10.

We can't be sure if you had it or not so just check with your doctors surgery to be sure. It should be super simple. You can also ask about any other vaccines you may need in case there are any you have missed.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Kindred)
It sounds like you may have already had it. Your doctors surgery should have the records for if you have had it or not, so call up and ask. If you haven't already had it then ask if you could arrange getting it. If you have already had it then you do not need it again. The link says its for students who haven't already had it in yr 9/10. I can't see it saying anything about a booster for this vaccine that you would need after already getting one in Yr 9/10.

We can't be sure if you had it or not so just check with your doctors surgery to be sure. It should be super simple. You can also ask about any other vaccines you may need in case there are any you have missed.
Thank you, I’ll call up and ask. You seem very kind🙂
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

It is really important for me to be involved in helping make my university better

Strongly disagree (2)
9.52%
Disagree (2)
9.52%
Neither agree or disagree (7)
33.33%
Agree (6)
28.57%
Strongly Agree (4)
19.05%

Watched Threads

Latest