Transferring after a foundation degree Watch

Psychologymaster
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I am currently studying first year psychology with a foundation degree at University Of Wolverhampton, after the first year am I able to transfer to a different university such as university of westminister to complete the degree. If so how do I do this thank you
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Psychologymaster)
I am currently studying first year psychology with a foundation degree at University Of Wolverhampton, after the first year am I able to transfer to a different university such as university of westminister to complete the degree. If so how do I do this thank you
This is something you should have checked with the University of Westminster before starting the psychology foundation degree at Wolverhampton. It is not always the case that a uni will accept a foundation year from another institution, as they are designed for progression at the same uni. However, it is quite likely that Westminster will accept it as long as you do well on the foundation year, but you need to check with them directly.

I would phone Westminster Admissions on Monday and see what they say. Seeing as they run Foundation courses themselves, they may ask why you are not doing it there if Westminster is the uni you really want to end up at
Tabathaxx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
foundation degree or foundation year? .. they are otally different things !
Psychologymaster
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Tabathaxx)
foundation degree or foundation year? .. they are otally different things !
Foundation year
University of Westminster
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Psychologymaster)
Hi there

We do accept transfers into our Psychology degree at Westminster. If you are studying a Foundation Year at Wolverhampton you'll need to pass the year with a minimum of 55%-60% overall. You will need to make your application through UCAS. As well as a Foundation Year you will also require GCSE Maths and English 4 or above.

Best wishes

Kim
Course Enquiries Team
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Surrey
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Bristol
    Undergraduate Open Afternoon Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19
  • University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Day - Penryn Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 23 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (64)
23.36%
No (210)
76.64%

Watched Threads