The Student Room Group

Maths GCSE resit

Hi guys,

I restarted year 12 last year as I was not enjoying the courses I chose and and I am currently in year 13.
When I did my GCSEs the grades I achieved were:
English Literature 7
English language 5
Maths 2
Additional science C
Core science C
Religious education B
French B
Physical education B
Business studies C
History C

I am currently studying A Level Sociology, A Level English Literature, and BTEC Sports Science.

I have re-sat my maths GCSE twice and each time I got a grade 2.

The first time I did my actual maths exam (year11) I had a tutor however when I did my two resits I did not have a tutor. I am currently in the process of starting my UCAS application with my college and I have to resist my maths GCSE for the 3rd time, I have managed to get a tutor. My question is if the 3rd attempt is another fail would I still get to go to university? I passed all my GCSEs except maths and I really do not know what it is but I get very anxious answering questions I just struggle a lot with numbers. My predicted grades are: sociology B, English literature C, Sports Science Merit/Distinction. Are there unis who would actually consider me? I wanted to study law with criminology.

Please someone get back to me.
Thank you in advance
Reply 1
If you go onto the unversity websites for a course that you are intrested in, have a look at the entry requirements (and try and find their general entry requirements page that they expect all applicants to have before applying). It will be listed here wether they expect you to have a GCSE in maths.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending