The Student Room Group

Anyone got exp of Canterbury Christ Church

My son starts at CCCU next week and I’m so worried as the uni doesn’t feature highly in league tables. He did a BTEC at college as his route into univ so maybe it’s the best option for him but he’s dead set on going there and seems the perfect fit for him. I suppose I’m wrestling with my own perceptions and judgements from when I was at uni which was 28 years ago. I went to a Russell Group uni and though I come from a working class background I have definitely developed a little academic snobbery of which I am not proud.
(edited 4 years ago)
Its an awful disorganized uni with high amounts of bullying both on student and staff side.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Its an awful disorganized uni with high amounts of bullying both on student and staff side.

Aww gawd! Can you give me a bit more detail..,? What course was this on? I’m just torturing myself coz that is where he’s going and that’s that... I’m just a worried mum 😭😭😭😱
Original post by lucyddf72
Aww gawd! Can you give me a bit more detail..,? What course was this on? I’m just torturing myself coz that is where he’s going and that’s that... I’m just a worried mum 😭😭😭😱

I have a feeling your son will be alright considering he picked out the uni and is dead set on going there so please do not worry and try not to intervene too much. Let him see what the uni is really like and if he wants to leave then go and support him.

If I remember correctly there are RG uni's that do more coursework than exams like Lancaster. Hopefully he'll be alright. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending