Anyone got exp of Canterbury Christ Church Watch

lucyddf72
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
My son starts at CCCU next week and I’m so worried as the uni doesn’t feature highly in league tables. He did a BTEC at college as his route into univ so maybe it’s the best option for him but he’s dead set on going there and seems the perfect fit for him. I suppose I’m wrestling with my own perceptions and judgements from when I was at uni which was 28 years ago. I went to a Russell Group uni and though I come from a working class background I have definitely developed a little academic snobbery of which I am not proud.
Last edited by lucyddf72; 1 month ago
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
Its an awful disorganized uni with high amounts of bullying both on student and staff side.
lucyddf72
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Its an awful disorganized uni with high amounts of bullying both on student and staff side.
Aww gawd! Can you give me a bit more detail..,? What course was this on? I’m just torturing myself coz that is where he’s going and that’s that... I’m just a worried mum 😭😭😭😱
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lucyddf72)
Aww gawd! Can you give me a bit more detail..,? What course was this on? I’m just torturing myself coz that is where he’s going and that’s that... I’m just a worried mum 😭😭😭😱
I have a feeling your son will be alright considering he picked out the uni and is dead set on going there so please do not worry and try not to intervene too much. Let him see what the uni is really like and if he wants to leave then go and support him.

If I remember correctly there are RG uni's that do more coursework than exams like Lancaster. Hopefully he'll be alright.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (20)
6.92%
They might tell the bully (29)
10.03%
I don't think they'd understand (44)
15.22%
It might lead to more bullying (106)
36.68%
There's nothing they could do (90)
31.14%

Watched Threads