Corbyn et al truly are an abhorrent species. Watch

Occitanie
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
https://twitter.com/CorbynSnap/statu...304881665?s=20

Why accuse Boris of being a “dictator” in charge of a “coup”, when he’s offered a General Election that could oust him, only to vote against it?
Mollysh24
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
In basic terms, people are voting against a general election until the House of Lords pass the no deal bill to stop no deal. This is because they believe boris will change the GE date till after the 31st of October meaning we will leave without a deal.
Mollysh24
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Also the dictator part comes from the the fact he tried to prorogue parliament. Which is, like a dictator, getting rid of the people’s voices as the MPs are elected by the people.
Occitanie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mollysh24)
Also the dictator part comes from the the fact he tried to prorogue parliament. Which is, like a dictator, getting rid of the people’s voices as the MPs are elected by the people.
It’s not the first time someone has tried or indeed succeeded to prorogue parliament in the UK. Does that mean all those who did manage are dictators?

The people’s vote was to Leave... what other voice I we supposed to listen to now?
Mollysh24
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Occitanie)
It’s not the first time someone has tried or indeed succeeded to prorogue parliament in the UK. Does that mean all those who did manage are dictators?

The people’s vote was to Leave... what other voice I we supposed to listen to now?
It’s *like* a dictatorship.

🤡🤡🤡🤡 wow, so you think that means no deal? Just because it was leave doesn’t mean we should leave without a deal. And people have voices on things other than brexit you know?
Mollysh24
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Also, MPs are to serve their constituents, not the entire country so they listen to the voices of their constituents
Admit-One
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
The timing and circumstances of this prorogue and are completely unique in modern history. Please don’t pretend to be so naive.
Occitanie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mollysh24)
It’s *like* a dictatorship.

🤡🤡🤡🤡 wow, so you think that means no deal? Just because it was leave doesn’t mean we should leave without a deal. And people have voices on things other than brexit you know?
My point is calling it a dictatorship or saying it’s “like” a dictatorship is utterly wrong.

We voted to Leave the EU, no deal is the closest representation to that vote, whether you like it or not. It represents my voice and certainly most of not all the rest of Leave voters.

This whole saga is about Brexit lol
jay111a
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

it was the intention behind prorogation. Yeh it may be a normal political process but he only did it to try to force a no deal.
Mollysh24
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
My point is calling it a dictatorship or saying it’s “like” a dictatorship is utterly wrong.

We voted to Leave the EU, no deal is the closest representation to that vote, whether you like it or not. It represents my voice and certainly most of not all the rest of Leave voters.

Can you explain why? He was literally taking the voices away.

Correction 52% of people. That’s so naive, hardly any people want to leave without a deal. You really need to educate yourself on this
No Face
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Well, what happens in a dictatorship? Decisions are taken by the select few without needing to adhere to other sentiments. Johnson knew that there would be a possibility of MPs voting for legislation blocking no-deal so he chose to prorogue parliament to try and avoid this, though he still failed. It is dictatorial and autocratic, don't let your views regarding the referendum cloud your judgement, he circumvented the limited democracy we have in this nation with the intention to lead us into a potentially catastrophic scenario.

If you consider the entire electorate, then only around 37.5% of the population actually voted for leave on the day of the referendum, hardly a majority, and again, no-deal was not mentioned on the ballot paper and there is no mandate to conflate it with the vote to leave, blocking no-deal is not anti-democratic as NO ONE explicitly voted for it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (198)
24.32%
Pop (197)
24.2%
Jazz (33)
4.05%
Classical (46)
5.65%
Hip-Hop (154)
18.92%