Alice summers
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
i really dont know what to do i have add and dyslexia so i am very unorganised and mum does not seem to know how to deal or help me i have a very very small room i have to have a smaller bed than a single to live in my room and there is not that much space to move or keep things in but i am in year 11 and i need to have my revision guides and books from year 10 and of course things to wear and just general things that people have in their rooms but mum let me have the dinning room table after her boyfriend moved in to our already cramed house and then he took some of my space in the hallway cuboards for his racing gear so i had to move my stuff out of there so he can have his stuff but now mum is trying to srink my things even more so she can have the table back but there is no where to put anything if i get rid of anymore things i will have nothing to wear or gcse things or genreal things that i need i am really stuck and dont know what to do ideas
emily.g34
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, im gonna try to help but dont know how useful i will be. To start my sister is dyslexic and we share a room i am dyspraxic which is similar and i am also in year 11. Year 11 is a stressful year and you must have added stress because of these things you have mentioned.
Regards organisation: make to do lists so you can keep on track of your work load
in terms of space talk to your mum and he boyfreind ask them for some help, see if you can put up selves attached to the walls or store stuff like books under your bed, maybe try to de-clutter, when you say general bedroom stuff, what do you mean?
let me know of any advice you neeed
happy to help
Alice summers
Rep:
?
well the things i need in my room for my disabilities and things and things that help me with my depression
mgi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Alice summers)
i really dont know what to do i have add and dyslexia so i am very unorganised and mum does not seem to know how to deal or help me i have a very very small room i have to have a smaller bed than a single to live in my room and there is not that much space to move or keep things in but i am in year 11 and i need to have my revision guides and books from year 10 and of course things to wear and just general things that people have in their rooms but mum let me have the dinning room table after her boyfriend moved in to our already cramed house and then he took some of my space in the hallway cuboards for his racing gear so i had to move my stuff out of there so he can have his stuff but now mum is trying to srink my things even more so she can have the table back but there is no where to put anything if i get rid of anymore things i will have nothing to wear or gcse things or genreal things that i need i am really stuck and dont know what to do ideas
What school support and advice are you getting for add and dyslexia.
Alice summers
Rep:
?
not that much really as they dont really knowas mum refuses to tell them so when i tell them they say i am lieig but i do get some help fro my dyslexia
emily.g34
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
not that much really as they dont really knowas mum refuses to tell them so when i tell them they say i am lieig but i do get some help fro my dyslexia
Ok, so maybe you should talk to someone at your school like your head of year, a school nurse or a SENCO. Did you get your dyslexia tests done privately??
Alice summers
Rep:
?
i got my test from my primary school
TheOnlyIzzy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have ADHD too and it ended it me getting expelled, so I know how hard it is. Then I got put on medication (tried a few, on Elvanse 50mg atm) and it changed my life. I got into a new school, finished in Honour Roll and will be going to a RG Uni. Moral of the story??

Get that meds
Last edited by TheOnlyIzzy; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (40)
26.67%
No (110)
73.33%

Watched Threads