The Student Room Group

a-level desicions

hi, i am currently trying to decide on my a-level choices
i think i would like to go into environmental science.
i think im going to choose biology and chemistry but i dont know whether to do geography or photography for my third as these are my favourite gcse subjects
any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance
Does your school allow 4 subjects to be taken? If so you could start with 4 and then choose between them later...

If not I would say go with geography. This is because it links in with your previous a level choices nicely and they balance each other well :smile: also because art a-levels take a lot of time and effort and are harder to get top grades in.

If you were to switch schools for A-level you could potentially take an environmental science a-level? They offer that at my 6th form college :smile:

I hope this helps you! :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by strugggles
Does your school allow 4 subjects to be taken? If so you could start with 4 and then choose between them later...

If not I would say go with geography. This is because it links in with your previous a level choices nicely and they balance each other well :smile: also because art a-levels take a lot of time and effort and are harder to get top grades in.

If you were to switch schools for A-level you could potentially take an environmental science a-level? They offer that at my 6th form college :smile:

I hope this helps you! :smile:

thanks for the help. My school only allows you to pick three as you have to do EPQ aswell. i have looked at other schools and colleges the also only allow three and do not give the option of environmental science.
Original post by emily.g34
hi, i am currently trying to decide on my a-level choices
i think i would like to go into environmental science.
i think im going to choose biology and chemistry but i dont know whether to do geography or photography for my third as these are my favourite gcse subjects
any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance

I would take geography as it will give you a more in-depth look and environmental studies it also have links which chemistry and biology
Reply 4
thank you probably will
do you think id need both chemistry and biology??
thanks for the help. My school only allows you to pick three as you have to do EPQ aswell. i have looked at other schools and colleges the also only allow three and do not give the option of environmental science.

You could do a photography project based on environmental science for your EPQ?

Like an installation or collection that raises awareness about a certain issue or showcases something you enjoy about the environment.

That way you would be able to continue doing photography during a levels whilst having it link back to what you want to study in the future :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by strugggles
You could do a photography project based on environmental science for your EPQ?

Like an installation or collection that raises awareness about a certain issue or showcases something you enjoy about the environment.

That way you would be able to continue doing photography during a levels whilst having it link back to what you want to study in the future :smile:

Thats such a great idea thank you for all the help :h::five:
Thats such a great idea thank you for all the help :h::five:

No problem! :smile: :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
thank you probably will
do you think id need both chemistry and biology??

No most likely not I have a friend doing maths and English literature alongside geography so it’s not required
Geography will go well with wat u wanna do I the future

Quick Reply

Latest