The Student Room Group

Mentioning Names of Lecturers

So I'm writing my personal statement, and in one paragraph I'm talking about various volcanology lectures that I've been to. I've mentioned the title of the lectures, eg (Can We Forecast Volcanic Eruptions? and Volcanic Eruptions, Climate and History).

My problem is, these lectures have all been by lecturers at the University of Cambridge. However, I'm also applying for geography courses at Durham, Bristol and Edinburgh as well. I know you're not supposed to show a preference or favouritism towards one university. So do you think when I mention the lecture titles, I should also include the names of the lecturers? Or just the titles themselves?

Should I write, "Volcanic Eruptions, Climate and History", or "Volcanic Eruptions, Climate and History, Professor Clive Oppenheimer" or do I put Professor C. Oppenheimer, how should I reference their name?

Thank you.
Original post by Deggs_14
So I'm writing my personal statement, and in one paragraph I'm talking about various volcanology lectures that I've been to. I've mentioned the title of the lectures, eg (Can We Forecast Volcanic Eruptions? and Volcanic Eruptions, Climate and History).

My problem is, these lectures have all been by lecturers at the University of Cambridge. However, I'm also applying for geography courses at Durham, Bristol and Edinburgh as well. I know you're not supposed to show a preference or favouritism towards one university. So do you think when I mention the lecture titles, I should also include the names of the lecturers? Or just the titles themselves?

Should I write, "Volcanic Eruptions, Climate and History", or "Volcanic Eruptions, Climate and History, Professor Clive Oppenheimer" or do I put Professor C. Oppenheimer, how should I reference their name?

Thank you.

The unis will understand that you will most likely go to convenient lectures rather than travel the country to be 'fair'. You could just say that you attended a lecture on [subject area] to save characters
Reply 2

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending