LDNLoner16
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I've been looking at where I will continue education after GCSEs since I'm now in year 11. Sixth Form colleges appeal to me since they offer mixes of BTECs and A levels rather than just A levels or 1 full-time BTEC at a time. So far the only ones in and around London I've found are Coulsdon 6th Form college and Esher. I can't really find a list of them and I'm struggling to find more with good reviews. Can anyone help, many thanks.
Sannah 21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
What area?
esteoh
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I go to Coulsdon College right now and tbh, don't listen to the reviews. It's actually a good school you have a lot of freedom and it's a good environment and you get treated as if your an adult too. The teachers I've had so far are actually good and nice. The only thing I would say about coulsdon is that it's just annoying getting home because the bus stops get packed, but that's it.
LDNLoner16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sannah 21)
What area?
Just around London in general, I myself am near Wimbledon and don't mind travelling say about an hour I guess.

(Original post by esteoh)
I go to Coulsdon College right now and tbh, don't listen to the reviews. It's actually a good school you have a lot of freedom and it's a good environment and you get treated as if your an adult too. The teachers I've had so far are actually good and nice. The only thing I would say about coulsdon is that it's just annoying getting home because the bus stops get packed, but that's it.
That's interesting, thanks. I do plan on going to their open evening next month. I always try to take reviews lightly as people won't usually bother commenting about something if they had a good experience but that gives me some reassurance thank you. I think the freedom and maturity thing is big for me so thanks that's a big help.
Sannah 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
St charles catholic sixth form college (accept any faith) and St dominics
Woodhouse (tahts very successful and is like the top) if u get high grades.... but i forgot bout the range of btecs they offer as opposed to st charles

Westminster kingsway
Westminster academy

the last one im unsure about but its worth a look at coz i heard somewaht about it it being good,,,,

oh read ur message again
yh ik st charles is defo a SFC
but westminster kingsway offers alot of subjects but st charles ids better
Last edited by Sannah 21; 4 weeks ago
LDNLoner16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Sannah 21)
St charles catholic sixth form college (accept any faith) and St dominics
Woodhouse (tahts very successful and is like the top) if u get high grades.... but i forgot bout the range of btecs they offer as opposed to st charles

Westminster kingsway
Westminster academy

the last one im unsure about but its worth a look at coz i heard somewaht about it it being good,,,,

oh read ur message again
yh ik st charles is defo a SFC
but westminster kingsway offers alot of subjects but st charles ids better
I've looked into Westminister Kingsway and it does look really good. Thanks for the recommendations I'll look into them, I currently go to a catholic secondary school so shouldn't be too different going to a catholic SFC.
Sannah 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by LDNLoner16)
I've looked into Westminister Kingsway and it does look really good. Thanks for the recommendations I'll look into them, I currently go to a catholic secondary school so shouldn't be too different going to a catholic SFC.
Yh
I went to the Catholic SFC I told u bout
And it is diverse
Like there r still quite a lot of Muslims
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 22 Nov '19
  • University of Hull
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties - Undergraduate and Postgraduate Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Nov '19

What offers have you received from universities?

Unconditional (20)
23.26%
Unconditional if firmed (4)
4.65%
Unconditional if insurance (0)
0%
Both unconditional and unconditional if firm/insurance (1)
1.16%
No unconditional offers (61)
70.93%

Watched Threads