The Student Room Group

Uni of Liverpool 2nd year Transfer with slightly lower A levels?

So I am going to start my first year at a University which is kinda good this year (I don’t want to name it for personal reasons) for Electronic Engineering (I’m looking to transfer to Computer Science though) however I really REALLY don’t want to study there or Electronic Engineering for that matter because this Uni is also in my hometown and my dad is one of the main lecturers at the Uni for Electronic Engineering, I guess you could say I was peer pressured into making this university my first pick and that subject, all my other choices were computer science apart from my first and second pick. In all honesty my main pick for University was the computer science foundation course at Liverpool but my dad would keep guilt tripping me saying I’m wasting my life and money with a foundation year and I’m so stupid so I’ll always give in but now I literally can’t stand it I don’t want to be here going to this college and I have to escape fast I have such a bad relationship with my dad and I know the first response would be “you could move out” but my dad is a MAIN LECTURER either way I can’t escape and it is really mentally taking its toll on me. Even during the summer holidays I was forced to go abroad by my parents and wasn’t even allowed to submit into clearing and i hate it so much because I wasn’t even given a CHOICE. I was accepted into this college with ACC even though the entry requirements were AAB however I want to transfer second year to University of Liverpool and I would work as hard as anything to be able to go, it was my first pick and it took this long for me to realize my life is my own and not someone else’s and I don’t think I’ll truly be able to live it unless I go there but I don’t know what course of action I should take because they do state I should meet the entry requirements but the entry requirements are ABB whereas my grades are ACC so I really don’t know what to do in order to prove myself please help me
Original post by jihoonie
So I am going to start my first year at a University which is kinda good this year (I don’t want to name it for personal reasons) for Electronic Engineering (I’m looking to transfer to Computer Science though) however I really REALLY don’t want to study there or Electronic Engineering for that matter because this Uni is also in my hometown and my dad is one of the main lecturers at the Uni for Electronic Engineering, I guess you could say I was peer pressured into making this university my first pick and that subject, all my other choices were computer science apart from my first and second pick. In all honesty my main pick for University was the computer science foundation course at Liverpool but my dad would keep guilt tripping me saying I’m wasting my life and money with a foundation year and I’m so stupid so I’ll always give in but now I literally can’t stand it I don’t want to be here going to this college and I have to escape fast I have such a bad relationship with my dad and I know the first response would be “you could move out” but my dad is a MAIN LECTURER either way I can’t escape and it is really mentally taking its toll on me. Even during the summer holidays I was forced to go abroad by my parents and wasn’t even allowed to submit into clearing and i hate it so much because I wasn’t even given a CHOICE. I was accepted into this college with ACC even though the entry requirements were AAB however I want to transfer second year to University of Liverpool and I would work as hard as anything to be able to go, it was my first pick and it took this long for me to realize my life is my own and not someone else’s and I don’t think I’ll truly be able to live it unless I go there but I don’t know what course of action I should take because they do state I should meet the entry requirements but the entry requirements are ABB whereas my grades are ACC so I really don’t know what to do in order to prove myself please help me

give liverpool a call and ask what you'd need in first year to be able to transfer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending