The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Go ask that question here. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5622970

they will be able to help.
Reply 2
Original post by Caiyren
Go ask that question here. https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5622970

they will be able to help.

Thank you!
Reply 3
Hi I just did my UCAT exam and I got
Verbal reasoning 530
Decision Making 550
Quantitative reasoning 640
Abstract reasoning 580.
An overall score of 2300 but I got a Situational band 1. So I was wondering which unis I should apply that have an emphasis on situational judgment 1 but a lowish Ucat score with my GCSE's being 7 A's and 6B's and predicted A-Level grades A*AA
look at the ones that take a more holistic approach so Manchester, Liverpool, Plymouth and I think kings don't have a ucat cut off but remember is competitive xx
Reply 5
Original post by becky_5642
look at the ones that take a more holistic approach so Manchester, Liverpool, Plymouth and I think kings don't have a ucat cut off but remember is competitive xx

Thank you!
Original post by Rabs12
Thank you!

theres also Bristol which is 50% personal statement but a lot of ppl apply there. good luck!
Just for context I got an offer for Liverpool with a ukcat of 2340 and band 2
Reply 8
theres also Bristol which is 50% personal statement but a lot of ppl apply there. good luck!

Bristol have been selecting solely using UCAT since last year
Reply 9
Just for context I got an offer for Liverpool with a ukcat of 2340 and band 2

Then you must have WA or contextual flags as Liverpool publish their UCAT cut offs as 605 (2019 entry), 615 (last year), 640 and 625.
Reply 10
Original post by Rabs12
Hi I just did my UCAT exam and I got
Verbal reasoning 530
Decision Making 550
Quantitative reasoning 640
Abstract reasoning 580.
An overall score of 2300 but I got a Situational band 1. So I was wondering which unis I should apply that have an emphasis on situational judgment 1 but a lowish Ucat score with my GCSE's being 7 A's and 6B's and predicted A-Level grades A*AA

Unfortunately, unless you have WA flags, the only UCAT unis you are likely to be considered at are Keele and Sunderland, who both use their version of the PS to assess applicants, just using UCAT to rule out the bottom 20% of scores.

Otherwise, your combined stats are highly unlikely to be successful at any other med school

However, many people do better on UCAT second time around, so if you are motivated, get your grades this year, resit UCAT next year and apply with achieved grades (which opens more options) and hopefully a better UCAT
Original post by GANFYD
Then you must have WA or contextual flags as Liverpool publish their UCAT cut offs as 605 (2019 entry), 615 (last year), 640 and 625.

no theres no cutoff for dentistry. didn't realise this thread was for medicine
Reply 12
no theres no cutoff for dentistry. didn't realise this thread was for medicine

It is in the medicine forum, but you never know..... :tongue:
Original post by GANFYD
It is in the medicine forum, but you never know..... :tongue:

whoops, just came up on my feed which is mostly dentistry :biggrin:
Reply 14
Original post by GANFYD
Unfortunately, unless you have WA flags, the only UCAT unis you are likely to be considered at are Keele and Sunderland, who both use their version of the PS to assess applicants, just using UCAT to rule out the bottom 20% of scores.

Otherwise, your combined stats are highly unlikely to be successful at any other med school

However, many people do better on UCAT second time around, so if you are motivated, get your grades this year, resit UCAT next year and apply with achieved grades (which opens more options) and hopefully a better UCAT

Thanks for this, what is a WA flag?
Reply 15
Original post by Rabs12
Thanks for this, what is a WA flag?

Widening access
Reply 16
Hello!!!

I got 615 Band 2 in the UCAT
I qualify for a WA flag
7A*'s 3A'S 1B GCSE
A*AA/A*A*A prediction

Im stuck between Manchester and Liverpool, which do you think would be the best to apply to?
Reply 17
Original post by ohno454
Hello!!!

I got 615 Band 2 in the UCAT
I qualify for a WA flag
7A*'s 3A'S 1B GCSE
A*AA/A*A*A prediction

Im stuck between Manchester and Liverpool, which do you think would be the best to apply to?

Liverpool
Reply 18
Why not Manchester? (For dentistry btw)
Reply 19
Original post by ohno454
Why not Manchester? (For dentistry btw)

Then I have no idea, sorry, know nothing about dentistry
And this is in the medicine threads
(edited 4 years ago)

Latest