Rolo1234
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Basically I am a week into yr 11 doing 7 gcses, a btec and a fmsq and I just wanted to know if making revision notes are worth it because I dont want to waste my time. Is doing practice questions and past papers better?
Hazelly
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Rolo1234)
Basically I am a week into yr 11 doing 7 gcses, a btec and a fmsq and I just wanted to know if making revision notes are worth it because I dont want to waste my time. Is doing practice questions and past papers better?
Hello,

It's definitely worth making revision notes so you know the content confidently. Once you know the content / specfication then you can move onto past papers. However, completing practice questions alongside making revision notes would work as well.
Rolo1234
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hazzabear)
Hello,

It's definitely worth making revision notes so you know the content confidently. Once you know the content / specfication then you can move onto past papers. However, completing practice questions alongside making revision notes would work as well.
What is the point of revision notes if I have got school notebooks and if I am basically copying off textboooks tho?
Marsh_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Personally I found it very helpful to go through all my revision text books and write lots of notes, every now and then I would refresh my memory by reading over the notes before I’d revise that subject again. I found that just writing the notes really helped me. I’d also squeeze in a mock test closer to your gcse exams, your school will get you to do them in class anyway so don’t worry
Last edited by Marsh_; 1 year ago
Rolo1234
Rep:
?
(Original post by Marsh_)
Personally I found it very helpful to go through all my revision text books and write lots of notes, every now and then I would refresh my memory by reading over the notes before I’d revise that subject again. I found that just writing the notes really helped me. I’d also squeeze in a mock test closer to your gcse tests, your school will get you to do them in class anyway so don’t worry
When did you start making them, did you start at the start of yr 11 or did you do it as you were revising each topic?
Hazelly
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
What is the point of revision notes if I have got school notebooks and if I am basically copying off textboooks tho?
My school notebooks were full of notes and hadn't been condensed enough. Therefore, I used my notebooks to create new revision que cards that had valuable notes on them and they were not copied facts. (you'll remember it easier)

Don't copy textbooks, read through the book and then make it into your own notes.
Rolo1234
Rep:
?
(Original post by Hazzabear)
My school notebooks were full of notes and hadn't been condensed enough. Therefore, I used my notebooks to create new revision que cards that had valuable notes on them and they were not copied facts. (you'll remember it easier)

Don't copy textbooks, read through the book and then make it into your own notes.
Oh ok it is not just copying the textbook then, it is made from memory thx
Hazelly
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Oh ok it is not just copying the textbook then, it is made from memory thx
You don't have to make them from memory, there's just no point in copying the textbook.
Marsh_
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
After I failed my first GCSEs in year 10 my Parents bought me the text books the school used on the subject I was struggling on (maths and science). I would work my way through the book 1 hour every night. It felt good to be ahead of the class for the lessons as i had already done them at home, it seriously helped me pass my exams. I made revision timetable, I still do when I’m at uni it’s difficult to manage your time so make sure you give yourself time to relax and do the things you want.
When did you start making them, did you start at the start of yr 11 or did you do it as you were revising each topic?
Last edited by Marsh_; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I don't want to decide until I've received all my offers (54)
40%
I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (23)
17.04%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something in the world changes (ie. pandemic-related) (6)
4.44%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (12)
8.89%
I still have more questions before I made my decision (15)
11.11%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (12)
8.89%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
9.63%

Watched Threads