Should I start revising for my exam in December? Watch

BizzFrog22
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
I am in college studying BTEC Computing level 2 and my tutors say that they will prepare me and wont let me fail but what if that isn't good enough. I want to revise at home but my tutors say that I will be wasting my time. What should I do revise now at home or wait until the exam comes up?

username4943290
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
The earlier you study the more you are likely to learn, however, if you are studying for an exam which is not necessarily close, it would be highly reasonable for you to study in smaller session e.g. 1-2 hours a day until your exam.
Another thing that many people do on days of their exam is that they revise right before the exam which is one of the worst things possible as you will not remember anything as much as you would have if you prepared beforehand.

My advice to you would be that, if you know you have an upcoming test/exam you should study as much as you can but you should do so on a schedule.
BizzFrog22
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by loveth.ldnn)
The earlier you study the more you are likely to learn, however, if you are studying for an exam which is not necessarily close, it would be highly reasonable for you to study in smaller session e.g. 1-2 hours a day until your exam.
Another thing that many people do on days of their exam is that they revise right before the exam which is one of the worst things possible as you will not remember anything as much as you would have if you prepared beforehand.

My advice to you would be that, if you know you have an upcoming test/exam you should study as much as you can but you should do so on a schedule.
How can i revise for something i havent been taught. I only have past papers to rely on
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (39)
7.6%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (299)
58.28%
No (175)
34.11%

Watched Threads