For a level psychology, if I know the content 100% how well can I do?

Watch
Azimbrook1
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am VERY interested in the content, however I may be really bad at exam technique, if I know the content but am really bad at essay writing, how well can I do?
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You can know as much as you like, but with psychology it's not like maths (or GCSE maths at least) where there's a right and wrong answer, you have to be able to perform well in the exam, and formulate your responses to questions. Knowing the content is only half the battle (though obviously it is important), but you need to be able to create views, arguments and debates with that content to gain the marks.

Do lots of past papers and use the mark schemes to see exactly what is expected of you. You should be okay .
Azimbrook1
Rep:
?
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)
You can know as much as you like, but with psychology it's not like maths (or GCSE maths at least) where there's a right and wrong answer, you have to be able to perform well in the exam, and formulate your responses to questions. Knowing the content is only half the battle (though obviously it is important), but you need to be able to create views, arguments and debates with that content to gain the marks.

Do lots of past papers and use the mark schemes to see exactly what is expected of you. You should be okay .
How vauge is the mark scheme and how hard is it to learn the exam technique from scratch - I'm also doing maths and physics so essay writing isn't my strong suite
Azimbrook1
Rep:
?
(Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox)

Btw so you have an idea, I got a 6 in English lang and a 7 in gcse sociology
xoxAngel_Kxox
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Azimbrook1)
How vauge is the mark scheme and how hard is it to learn the exam technique from scratch - I'm also doing maths and physics so essay writing isn't my strong suite
(Original post by Azimbrook1)
Btw so you have an idea, I got a 6 in English lang and a 7 in gcse sociology
The mark schemes aren't vague - you can look at them online now if you wish. You get marks for talking about relevant material, and it will give examples of what you can talk about, but that's not to say that other relevant material wouldn't be marked. If you'd done English and sociology and got decent grades, chances are you'll be able to answer these questions okay.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (645)
33.47%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (817)
42.4%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (378)
19.62%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (87)
4.51%

Watched Threads