igave up quickly with this

Watch this thread
username4542966
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
was going to make a gyg but im too forgetful to keep up with this cant wait to see everyone elses tho!
Last edited by username4542966; 2 years ago
greenapples2
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 years ago
Oooh best of luck!! Love the layout of your gyg, it's so pretty :blushing:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6094702 < my gyg, although it's a bit of a mess whoops
username4929440
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
dayum your smartttt
username4929440
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
im doing gcse history (and other subjects of course) if you did germany as a topic do you have any quotes and points you wrote on your notes specifically about kaiser wilhelm ii and other points too
Last edited by username4929440; 2 years ago
username4542966
Rep:
(Original post by mpaprika)
Oooh best of luck!! Love the layout of your gyg, it's so pretty :blushing:
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6094702 < my gyg, although it's a bit of a mess whoops
im so excited to see what u get up to this year ur gyg is cuteeeee
username4542966
Rep:
(Original post by vsco.gurl)
im doing gcse history (and other subjects of course) if you did germany as a topic do you have any quotes and points you wrote on your notes specifically about kaiser wilhelm ii and other points too
sorry i didnt do germany
the topics i did were:
conflict and tension between the interwar years
america: opportunity and inequality
reign of edward I
power and the people

so if ur doing any of those i can definitely help if you want!
greenapples2
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by drystar)
im so excited to see what u get up to this year ur gyg is cuteeeee
ahh I can't wait to see how your year goes as well!! Your subjects sound so interesting (and impossible for me oops) xx
SlightlySummer
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Your grades are amazing, please keep me tagged!! What are your best tips to revise maths and the sciences?

My gyg : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6115740
username4542966
Rep:
(Original post by mpaprika)
ahh I can't wait to see how your year goes as well!! Your subjects sound so interesting (and impossible for me oops) xx
so do yours! i wish i couldve taken a science too, and german is gonna be so cool! such a change from ur other subjects too so it sounds really nice
greenapples2
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
so do yours! i wish i couldve taken a science too, and german is gonna be so cool! such a change from ur other subjects too so it sounds really nice
Yeah, I feel with German I'll be able to ''relax'' (can I even say that word during a levels?) and take a break from all the tough sciences haha. Honestly, I wish I took economics as the course sounded great good luck with it!!
Zoqua
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
Attachment 847456

Welcome to my first GYG blog!

Hi, I'm Lily and I just started Year 12 last week. I moved to a new college that's about an hour away from where I live, so it's a lot of change at once really!

As much as I'm excited, I think I'll get overwhelmed soon, as I'm not the best at coping with stress

My GCSE grades:

Spoiler:
Show
Maths: 9
Biology: 9
Chemistry: 9
Physics: 9
Computer Science: 9
Statistics: 9
History: 9
RS: 9
English Lang: 9
English Lit: 8
German: 8
FSMQ Additional Maths: A

My A-Level choices:

Spoiler:
Show
A-Level Maths
A-Level Further Maths
A-Level Computer Science
A-Level Economics

Aims for this year:

Spoiler:
Show
1) Make some really good friends
2) Have a fun social life!
3) Learn to manage my stress more
4) Get the best grades possible
5) Revise for every test, no matter how small!
6) Stop procrastinating so much
7) Get on to the UKMT team
8) Stick to at least one extra-curricular

What I want to do in the future:

Spoiler:
Show
At the moment, I think I'd like to do a Maths degree at Imperial, or maybe Oxford but I don't know if that's realistic or not :confused:

I've no clue what career I want to do yet though!

So yea if you want to follow my days of stress and see how much (or how little) work I do over the year, just ask for a tag!

Also mention your own GYGs so I can follow them!

Hi, I'm starting Year 12 as well (I had my induction yesterday), although I'm not moving to my college as a residential. Good luck starting Year 12 and I wish you all the best with your goals , your GCSE grades are fantastic (well good enough for you to aim for Oxford I'd encourage you to go for it). We are actually doing similar subjects (I'm doing Physics instead of Computer Science but apart from that we have the same, I've linked my GYG below so if you want to know about my GCSE grades & goals and all the rest just look at that.). Have fun , and feel free to tag me!

Here's my GYG: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...6#post85103386
username4542966
Rep:
(Original post by SlightlySummer)
Your grades are amazing, please keep me tagged!! What are your best tips to revise maths and the sciences?

My gyg : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6115740
thank you so much, i will!

with maths, all it takes is practice. with each topic, try to do a nice range of exam questions and mark them urself - practice the topics you find hard and learn why you're going wrong! the cgp workbooks are great, there's a normal one and a grade 9 one if you wanna push urself

for the sciences, i did a lot of seneca just to drill in basic knowledge, then strengthened that knowledge through exam questions. i also used pre-made quizlets that i found online that seemed to have the whole spec in - they're also great, especially to go through the morning of! mindmaps didn't really work for me, but everyone's different so id say try a lot of different methods until you find what works for you.

good luck
username4542966
Rep:
(Original post by Zoqua)
Hi, I'm starting Year 12 as well (I had my induction yesterday), although I'm not moving to my college as a residential. Good luck starting Year 12 and I wish you all the best with your goals , your GCSE grades are fantastic (well good enough for you to aim for Oxford I'd encourage you to go for it). We are actually doing similar subjects (I'm doing Physics instead of Computer Science but apart from that we have the same, I've linked my GYG below so if you want to know about my GCSE grades & goals and all the rest just look at that.). Have fun , and feel free to tag me!

Here's my GYG: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...6#post85103386
aw that's great! hopefully we'll be able to help each other if we ever need it can't wait to check out ur gyg now !
SlightlySummer
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
thank you so much, i will!

with maths, all it takes is practice. with each topic, try to do a nice range of exam questions and mark them urself - practice the topics you find hard and learn why you're going wrong! the cgp workbooks are great, there's a normal one and a grade 9 one if you wanna push urself

for the sciences, i did a lot of seneca just to drill in basic knowledge, then strengthened that knowledge through exam questions. i also used pre-made quizlets that i found online that seemed to have the whole spec in - they're also great, especially to go through the morning of! mindmaps didn't really work for me, but everyone's different so id say try a lot of different methods until you find what works for you.

good luck
Thanks! I've bought the CGP textbooks for maths (the maroon grade 9-1 one) and the blackish-purple ones for all the sciences but I honestly don't use them regularly. I guess I need to start so I can finish learning all the content for practice papers. I'll take your advice on board, thank you
ThunderBeard
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I’d like some help with AS maths, since you are smart. Why is stats like geography, and why is it a pain?
nyxnko_
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
good luck for this year! :rave:
username4542966
Rep:
(Original post by ThunderBeard)
I’d like some help with AS maths, since you are smart. Why is stats like geography, and why is it a pain?
stats issss a pain, not started it in sixth form yet, but for gcse it was okay as long as u memorised the weird methods and formulae. dunno what its gonna be like at a level tho
username4542966
Rep:
(Original post by nyxnko_)
good luck for this year! :rave:
thank you!
SlightlySummer
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
I’m so confused what happened to your original post???😯
nyxnko_
Rep:
Report 2 years ago
good luck with that test tomorrow!
hope you can go to the mandarin meeting next week
and it's a shame you don't want to keep this GYG going, but we'll be here to read it if you ever change your mind :yes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (5)
17.24%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (3)
10.34%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (4)
13.79%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (3)
10.34%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (7)
24.14%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (7)
24.14%

Watched Threads