Horrible computing teacher, how can I still get a good grade

Watch
Studentboy783
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
So long story short good teacher left, new teacher is awful. Our textbook was made by our school and is lacking a lot of stuff on the spec and so to make up we’re expected to use these dodgy sheets full of spelling errors to the point where some of them are hard to read.
Anyway I want to get a good grade. I’ve been able to self teach other subjects like maths through the use of a textbook (we had a math sub for a few months and she didn’t teach but i still wanted to do well) and I did really well doing that.
So if I buy the aqa textbook and learn all the stuff as well as understanding all the stuff will I be able to score highly on the papers or is there extra stuff I need to learn that the textbook won’t offer
chemistryfish
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you're doing GCSE, the CPG textbook and exam practice workbooks should be enough for paper 1 (theory) if you revise thoroughly, or at least that was the case for OCR. As for algorithms, I'd recommend watching the YouTube channel Craig and Dave; they're really good
winterscoming
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
The AQA specification should listeverything that you need to know: https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resourc...20-SP-2016.PDF -- most of the topics in there are google'able.

No idea about the quality of their textbook, there's a lot of free sites with GCSE and A-Level computer science content on though:

Assuming you're using Python, some general programming stuff too (not specific to any course or syllabus):

Some other generic computer science stuff:
Last edited by winterscoming; 1 year ago
josie71202
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
buy your own textbook
CurryCurry2468
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
If you can, purchase a textbook or revision guide
Use them to go through the subject content making sure you understand everything
If you still don't understand something, look it up on youtube either on 'computer science tutor' or 'craig n dave'

Once you have a solid understanding of a topic or a collection of topics, it is time to practice with exam style questions or practice papers

You could also try out the six - a - day computer science worksheets (i used them during my gcse computer science which i did this year)

And finally if you have queries search it up on google, chances are that someone else has asked the same question and so you will have an answer to your question
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (48)
30.97%
No - I have already returned home (19)
12.26%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (33)
21.29%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
9.03%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
26.45%

Watched Threads