Why do people vote for Borris when he was not born in the UK Watch

Joe5001
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Honestly he was born in NEW YORK so therefore he should not be allowed to run.
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Because where he was born is completely and utterly irrelevant. He is a British and Commonwealth citizen, resident in the UK. Hence, he can be Prime Minister - and I'd question anyone who suggested there was anything remotely wrong with that.
angelinahx
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
bold of you to assume people voted for him
Benarro
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No has voted for him, apart from Tory party members (quite a small party actually). Based on his performance so far, I doubt anyone else will
lizzy_m
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
He has British citizenship and was raised in Britain, so really I don’t think him being born elsewhere is the issue. I can still think of a couple other reasons not to vote for him like.
Joe5001
Rep:
?
(Original post by Benarro)
No has voted for him, apart from Tory party members (quite a small party actually). Based on his performance so far, I doubt anyone else will
Yeah I KNow that but Remember the Tory party members have voted for him
Burton Bridge
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Joe5001)
Honestly he was born in NEW YORK so therefore he should not be allowed to run.
Rubbish, he's completely allowed to run. This stupid remainer desperatation is sickening;

'Borris man bad'
'immigrant man borris bad'
Sex pest borris bad really bad man'

Grow up and get educated and step away from this is a foolish xenophobic argument, what are you trying to push.
Last edited by Burton Bridge; 1 week ago
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by angelinahx)
bold of you to assume people voted for him
Naive of you think nobody has!
mpaprika
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
depends on immigration laws. I was born in Belgium but I get the nationality of my parents, (not sure if it's similar NY) therefore he's a British citizen
Joe5001
Rep:
?
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
Rubbish, he's completely allowed to run. This stupid remainer desperatation is sickening;

'Borris man bad'
'immigrant man borris bad'
Sex pest borris bad really bad man'

Grow up and get educated and step away from this is a foolish xenophobic argument, what are you trying to push.
i AM NOT A REMAINER, I voted to leave. If you went to Japan and saw lots of brits (And indeed a britsh PM) you would not be like yeah this is really Japan.
It's not Xenophobic and I have nothing against Controlled Immrigragration but a leader of a Country should be born there.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i AM NOT A REMAINER, I voted to leave. If you went to Japan and saw lots of brits (And indeed a britsh PM) you would not be like yeah this is really Japan.
It's not Xenophobic and I have nothing against Controlled Immrigragration but a leader of a Country should be born there.
Yes I would, i really would!

Sorry you're view point is one you are entitled to but it makes little to no logic and is a hair width away from xenophobic behaviour, in fact who am I kidding its completely xenophobic. On the other topic I gave you the benefit of the doubt, sorry my patience has ran out.

If you wish to live in a iliberal country where immigrants are treated as second class citizens, move to one! Personally I don't believe you are a leave voter but if you are you prove remainers are right that
some leave voters are xenophobic.

I just want to say as a brexiteer, I don't subscribe to this xenophobic view point and neither did the majority of us.
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Benarro)
He is the duly elected MP for Uxbridge and South Ruislip, and the elected leader of the Conservative party.

That's all our laws require for someone to be the PM.

Anybody who thinks differently doesn't understand our system. We don't vote for PM like you'd vote for President. Stop watching American TV.
AdamCor
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
He was only born there when his parents were both working there. His parents were both born in the UK and he renounced his American citizenship in 2016.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
ok but he actually said women who wear hijabs and niqabs "look like letterboxes"

i about lost it.
a Sikh MP apparently wants an apology Plantagenet Crown did u hear about that

him vs trump for banter, who wins??
Last edited by Bang Outta Order; 1 week ago
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
him vs trump for banter, who wins??
I'd say Boris, because he's actually trying to be funny, while Trump is just funny through being a total [email protected]
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Drewski)
I'd say Boris, because he's actually trying to be funny, while Trump is just funny through being a total [email protected]
true, trump says **** with a straight face and it turns into an argument or he makes himself a mockery. if he laughed it off sometimes, it would help matters. i do respect that he doesnt apologise for his opinion.

so u think boris calling muslim women letterboxes was potentially funny?
Drewski
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
so u think boris calling muslim women letterboxes was potentially funny?
I think it was him trying to be funny, not him actually being funny. There's a subtle difference.
Joe5001
Rep:
?
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
Yes I would, i really would!

Sorry you're view point is one you are entitled to but it makes little to no logic and is a hair width away from xenophobic behaviour, in fact who am I kidding its completely xenophobic. On the other topic I gave you the benefit of the doubt, sorry my patience has ran out.

If you wish to live in a iliberal country where immigrants are treated as second class citizens, move to one! Personally I don't believe you are a leave voter but if you are you prove remainers are right that
some leave voters are xenophobic.

I just want to say as a brexiteer, I don't subscribe to this xenophobic view point and neither did the majority of us.
It is OK for people to put their own people first, Look at all the University is it ok that this country charge more for people outside the EU, and we don't give a Maintenance loan to people who are not UK nationals. I would say it is because we put our own people first. Just like all other countries would.

Also I have Nothing against Immigrants as a whole, (Where it is Controlled) But I have slightly different views on people trying to move to Italy, Spain or Israel and Run the country
Last edited by Joe5001; 1 week ago
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
It is OK for people to put their own people first, Look at all the University is it ok that this country charge more for people outside the EU, and we don't give a Maintenance loan to people who are not UK nationals. I would say it is because we put our own people first. Just like all other countries would.

Also I have Nothing against Immigrants as a whole, (Where it is Controlled) But I have slightly different views on people trying to move to Italy, Spain or Israel and Run the country
Because as a baby of a few months old, Borris Johnson planned his move to the UK to be prime minister from his crib!

Nonsense!
Alt Tankie
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
So in your view someone who can trace their family tree up to three hundred years and is a white Briton but was born elsewhere has less right be PM than a Iraqi refugee who just happened to be born here?

I don’t know which view is dumber, the idea that Purely being born in Britain makes you British (magic dirt theory) or the idea that laws makes you British (magic paper theory) ...
Last edited by Alt Tankie; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (156)
24.45%
Pop (156)
24.45%
Jazz (26)
4.08%
Classical (37)
5.8%
Hip-Hop (114)
17.87%
Electronic (42)
6.58%
Indie (107)
16.77%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise