#bonarlaw #neverforget
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by BlueIndigoViolet)
Much as I despise the man, couldn’t give a toss where he was born
Exactly, I dont care if he's born in the UK, USA or mungoville. He deserves to be pushed into a volcano irrespective of where his mothers water broke.
Stiff Little Fingers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
Firstly I agree completely with you if we are talking about mixing direct democracy with parliamentary democracy? I am passionate about referenda never being used in a parliamentary democracy, I dislike referendums and think they should never be authorised to be used. So let me be clear, I completely reject the referendum culture in our current political culture.

However (and its a important and large however) the governments aim is not a no deal Brexit, further more Claiming there is no disire for no deal Brexit is not factually inaccurate, let's not forget the results of all major election fir the last 5 years has been won on hard Brexit manifestos and promises. You are simply deluding yourself if you think otherwise, the results of national elections in 2015,2016,2017 and 2019 all prove this, beyond reasonable doubt.

Also parliament as a parliamentary democracy voted made a sovereign decision to desolve parliamentary democracy, temporarily and elect direct democracy to deside the EU issue. Now it is the parliamentary democracy that is frustrating the will of the direct democracy that they voted for, And now they want to stop me and you and silence our voice so they can continue to ignore and sabotage our will.

Democracy? I don't think so, do you?
Nonsense. The government aim is no deal, something that wasn't on the original referendum (another way in which the referendum wasn't fit for purpose, it lumped together everything from EEA only proponents with those who want to fit an outboard motor to Dover and pilot the country into the middle of the Atlantic - if we had to have a referendum it should have been STV with leaving presented as EEA, trade deal and no deal) and something that had minimal promotion in the campaigning (we were assured of "the easiest deal in history"), while the 2017 GE did not give a majority for no deal - while most voted for parties wanting to uphold the referendum result, a number of those did not support leaving without a deal in their manifesto. There is majority support for Brexit, not for a no deal one. Johnson meanwhile is trying to schedule an election that means that parliament doesn't sit and cannot decide on a deal, forcing no deal through as the default. He is trying to undermine parliamentary democracy, and by supporting this Brexiteers are revealing that yet again, they lied and it's not about democracy or sovereignty.
Burton Bridge
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
Nonsense. The government aim is no deal, something that wasn't on the original referendum (another way in which the referendum wasn't fit for purpose, it lumped together everything from EEA only proponents with those who want to fit an outboard motor to Dover and pilot the country into the middle of the Atlantic - if we had to have a referendum it should have been STV with leaving presented as EEA, trade deal and no deal) and something that had minimal promotion in the campaigning (we were assured of "the easiest deal in history"), while the 2017 GE did not give a majority for no deal - while most voted for parties wanting to uphold the referendum result, a number of those did not support leaving without a deal in their manifesto. There is majority support for Brexit, not for a no deal one. Johnson meanwhile is trying to schedule an election that means that parliament doesn't sit and cannot decide on a deal, forcing no deal through as the default. He is trying to undermine parliamentary democracy, and by supporting this Brexiteers are revealing that yet again, they lied and it's not about democracy or sovereignty.
Oh I'm not getting into this with you, I've successfully ripped the fallacious arguments about complexed referendum questions and no deal was not spoke about too many times on this forum.

The government are clearly trying to reheat the withdrawal agreement that we already have. Its exactly what labour currently want but refuse to back because they are a acting dishonest and are scheming to stop brexit full stop. The no deal was simply a whip to try to force the deal through parliament and make the EU reopen it, it's not some Borris is comfortable, there is a arguement he's a closet remainer himself.

No deal is not the plan, johnson voted for the exit and even JRM voted for the withdrawal agreement in MV3, you need to view reality you are falling for remainer lies.
Last edited by Burton Bridge; 1 week ago
BugglyBo1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Stiff Little Fingers)
Nonsense. The government aim is no deal, something that wasn't on the original referendum
Neither was Leaving with a deal. We voted to leave With or Without a Deal.
angelinahx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by BugglyBo1)
Yes, but the people who voted to leave with a deal may not have voted leave if they were faced with the current reality of the political situation
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by angelinahx)
Yes, but the people who voted to leave with a deal may not have voted leave if they were faced with the current reality of the political situation
Your crystal ball is working well.

The current impass in remainer parliamentarian created, the reality of the situation is we should if already left and if we had we would be much better off
angelinahx
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Your crystal ball is working well.

The current impass in remainer parliamentarian created, the reality of the situation is we should if already left and if we had we would be much better off
the world's leading economists disagree with you sweetie
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
the world's leading economists disagree with you sweetie
Not all of them, economics is the only profession you can be consistently incorrect and still be called an expert.
angelinahx
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Not all of them, economics is the only profession you can be consistently incorrect and still be called an expert.
yeth ma'am! fuk experts bc u know better <3
Stiff Little Fingers
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
And if you actually read what you were responding to, you'd see that was the point I made - that the referendum didn't provide a mandate for a specific type of brexit, just that we leave...

Oh I'm not getting into this with you, I've successfully ripped the fallacious arguments about complexed referendum questions and no deal was not spoke about too many times on this forum.
You've done nothing of the sort, because there's nothing remotely fallicious about pointing out that the referendum was not fit for purpose in determining what our future arrangement would be (because that was never the purpose of it, but has been taken as such since). However, no deal was not discussed at the time because we were assured that a deal would be easy to achieve. In that respect, the facts have significantly changed since the referendum.

The government are clearly trying to reheat the withdrawal agreement that we already have. Its exactly what labour currently want but refuse to back because they are a acting dishonest and are scheming to stop brexit full stop. The no deal was simply a whip to try to force the deal through parliament and make the EU reopen it, it's not some Borris is comfortable, there is a arguement he's a closet remainer himself.

No deal is not the plan, johnson voted for the exit and even JRM voted for the withdrawal agreement in MV3, you need to view reality you are falling for remainer lies.
This is all absolute nonsense (which makes your **** about reality in the last line all the more absurd, because I'm not the one denying the reality of this **** show). The government aren't trying to reheat the withdrawal agreement at all. There's 4 ways to go from here - the most sensible is to revoke article 50 and stop this far right coup, but that's not going to happen. Beyond that it's delay and renegotiate, bring back the WA for a 4th vote or no deal brexit. The first isn't on the table, Boris would "rather be dead in a ditch than delay", and by proroguing parliament and trying to force an election, Boris is trying to avoid parliament voting on departure - given parliament has to approve any deal, preventing parliamentary scrutiny is about forcing the clock to time out, and the default no deal that entails. Denying him an election isn't about stopping brexit, it's about stopping him from forcing a no deal by default situation by undermining parliamentary democracy - no election just yet is about not allowing a Poundland Trump to ride roughshod over our democracy, it's the exact opposite of anti-democratic, but you refuse to see that because while you project hard enough to put the Odeon cinema chain out of business, you refuse to acknowledge reality and see that Boris is trying to avoid any democratic input over the next 2 months
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
The issue is that as someone who held US citizenship until recently, he is biased and has a conflict of interest when it comes to a trade deal.

That along with his lack of detail, unwillingness to seriously negotiate with the EU and the disgraceful decision to suspend Parliament for five weeks.

Worst Prime Minister ever.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
The issue is that as someone who held US citizenship until recently, he is biased and has a conflict of interest when it comes to a trade deal.

That along with his lack of detail, unwillingness to seriously negotiate with the EU and the disgraceful decision to suspend Parliament for five weeks.

Worst Prime Minister ever.
Nonsense, he wants to negotiate parliament is stopping him doing this effectively
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
yeth ma'am! fuk experts bc u know better <3
That's not what I said.
angelinahx
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
That's not what I said.
You said experts can be "wrong". So.... everyone who has any kind of knowledge is wrong? Operation Yellowhammer is based on.... lies? tragic. truth is only hearsay, modernity has failed us </3
BugglyBo1
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Well, I voted to leave to be honest Im happier with NO Deal than a bad deal. We did not vote on to Leave with a deal or without a deal. We just voted to leave
Last edited by BugglyBo1; 6 days ago
angelinahx
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Well, I voted to leave to be honest Im happier with NO Deal than a bad deal.
did i ask? no

stop using ur personal anecdotes as a reflection of general political sentiments
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Well, at least he's not Catholic ey?
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
You said experts can be "wrong". So.... everyone who has any kind of knowledge is wrong? Operation Yellowhammer is based on.... lies? tragic. truth is only hearsay, modernity has failed us </3
You appear to be exceptionally confused I finding it difficult to follow the conversation, ( i just remembered I have another topic to reply to you on) I said

'Not all of them, economics is the only profession you can be consistently incorrect and still be called an expert'

Nowhere have I said everyone who has any knowledge is wrong. That's a bizarre and strange conclusion to come up with. I'm clearly saying, Not all of economists or experts belive what you say, you were incorrect to imply they do. Also I correctly stated economics is the only profession you can be consistently incorrect and still be called an expert. This is very true in no way does my statement claim yellow hammer is lies? Predictions are not the truth truth is only hearsay, modernity has failed us? And I mentioned nothing about modernity.

Try again,
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (201)
24.01%
Pop (208)
24.85%
Jazz (33)
3.94%
Classical (46)
5.5%
Hip-Hop (160)
19.12%
Electronic (57)
6.81%
Indie (132)
15.77%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise