Why do people vote for Borris when he was not born in the UK Watch

Burton Bridge
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by angelinahx)
did i ask? no

stop using ur personal anecdotes as a reflection of general political sentiments
Wow you are really friendly and Liberal, arnt you? You seem to think you are allowed to express your view or opinion but others are not?
angelinahx
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Burton Bridge)
You appear to be exceptionally confused I finding it difficult to follow the conversation, ( i just remembered I have another topic to reply to you on) I said

'Not all of them, economics is the only profession you can be consistently incorrect and still be called an expert'

Nowhere have I said everyone who has any knowledge is wrong. That's a bizarre and strange conclusion to come up with. I'm clearly saying, Not all of economists or experts belive what you say, you were incorrect to imply they do. Also I correctly stated economics is the only profession you can be consistently incorrect and still be called an expert. This is very true in no way does my statement claim yellow hammer is lies? Predictions are not the truth truth is only hearsay, modernity has failed us? And I mentioned nothing about modernity.

Try again,
I said:
The world's leading economists disagree with you.

You said:
some b*ll**** about economists being wrong sometimes

my main point still stands. experts disagree with you
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
I said:
The world's leading economists disagree with you.

You said:
some b*ll**** about economists being wrong sometimes

my main point still stands. experts disagree with you
For the third time.

Not all of them, some of them disagree with you.

What part of that is difficult to understand?
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
1) I can write and say whatever I want, thank you very much. We still, thankfully, have freedom of speech in this country in spite of the blatant neglect of political democracy shown by your disgusting government.
2) When we vote for a party, we expect the leader of that party to become the leader of the country (given that they do in fact win). B*ris has no widespread public support. He was voted in afterwards and people did not vote Tory with him in mind. MPs have resigned in protest, suggesting that he critically does not have support. He was the lesser of two evils. That is all. That is it. Furthermore, the UK is, at its core, and has always been, an undemocratic country. Your Queen and your House of Lords are not elected by the people yet have power over which proposals of legislation become actual laws. That is fundamentally undemocratic. So is your current PM.
3) Brexit was voted for by the people and won by a marginal of 4% thanks to endless propaganda (muh independence day/muh let's give anti-EU xenophobes around the EU hope by leaving (in fact, you deterred everybody and more people support the EU than ever/muh NHS (in fact, the NHS is under threat more than ever thanks to Brexit) and significantly, lies. But that's still fair enough - Brexit means Brexit. Brexit does not, however, mean a no deal Brexit, which is what B*ris is pushing for in spite of the lie that he is attempting to gain a deal. Proroguing parliament obviously indicates that he is not interested in seriously pursuing a deal for the UK with the EU or at the very least that he does not care what MPs think about his shi*ty deal. There is no support for a no deal Brexit even amongst the people who voted for Brexit (possibly amongst the staunch Brexiteers, but the European parliamentary election in the UK obviously suggests that that's a minority - the Brexit Party got fewer votes than the LibDems and Labour put together).

In conclusion/tl;dr: Your unelected PM is proroguing and suspending parliament with the help of your unelected monarch in order to attempt to pursue policy which lacks public support. That is what we call not democratic, sweetie.
Lovely you are really patronising and making yourself look really silly.

Firstly, you promote me way to much, its isn't my government, my monarch, my PM I think you over rate my importance by some clear margin.

1) no one is saying otherwise, you are exerciseing you're ability to write what ever rubbish you like quite well. The fact much of it contradicts itself, is demeaning, off topic or generally incorrect is what is bring spoken about.

2) this may all be the case however it does not change the fact that the FPTP system does not elected PM directly. You keep saying unelected in reference to borris but you know this to be incorrect, you admitted it. Why continue to spout lies? As for the HOL or Monoch I believe they should be abolished, If only they was mine (as you delusionally believe) they would be.

3) wrong again actually Brexit was won by a smaller percentage than 4%,if only you payed as much attention to the real world as you do to patronising, you may have a little more success.
angelinahx
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Lovely you are really patronising and making yourself look really silly.

Firstly, you promote me way to much, its isn't my government, my monarch, my PM I think you over rate my importance by some clear margin.

1) no one is saying otherwise, you are exerciseing you're ability to write what ever rubbish you like quite well. The fact much of it contradicts itself, is demeaning, off topic or generally incorrect is what is bring spoken about.

2) this may all be the case however it does not change the fact that the FPTP system does not elected PM directly. You keep saying unelected in reference to borris but you know this to be incorrect, you admitted it. Why continue to spout lies? As for the HOL or Monoch I believe they should be abolished, If only they was mine (as you delusionally believe) they would be.

3) wrong again actually Brexit was won by a smaller percentage than 4%,if only you payed as much attention to the real world as you do to patronising, you may have a little more success.
Accuses me of being patronizing yet starts the sentence off by being both sexist and patronizing. Congrats.

1) No, he literally said I couldn't "name-call" B*ris. I'll say whatever I want.
2) Are you not British? If you are, it is your government, it is your monarch, it is your PM.
3) What matters is that he lacks critical support. What matters is that he's pushing forward legislation which lacks critical support. What matters is that that is not democratic.
4) 52-48. That's 4%.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Accuses me of being patronizing yet starts the sentence off by being both sexist and patronizing. Congrats.

1) No, he literally said I couldn't "name-call" B*ris. I'll say whatever I want.
2) Are you not British? If you are, it is your government, it is your monarch, it is your PM.
3) What matters is that he lacks critical support. What matters is that he's pushing forward legislation which lacks critical support. What matters is that that is not democratic.
4) 52-48. That's 4%.
Please show me where I have been sexist?

I have been very careful not to fall to your foul mouth, insulting, name-calling and belittling as difficult as it is. Your constant misogynistic use of the word sweetie, I have ignored till now along with your other bile

I have not in anyway been patronising, towards you at all, pointing out you are making yourself look silly is not patronising.
Last edited by Burton Bridge; 6 days ago
angelinahx
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Please show me where I have been sexist?

I have been very careful not to fall to your foul mouth, insulting, name-calling and belittling as difficult as it is. Your constant misogynistic use of the word sweetie, I have ignored till now along with your other bile

I have not in anyway been patronising, towards you at all, pointing out you are making yourself look silly is not patronising.
You're calling me 'lovely'. That's no way to refer to women in political discussions regardless of what Tory politicians may tell you. https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/04/mp-te...eech-10687912/
ImAGiraffe
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
We didn’t get a chance to vote for anyone.
Burton Bridge
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
You're calling me 'lovely'. That's no way to refer to women in political discussions regardless of what Tory politicians may tell you. https://metro.co.uk/2019/09/04/mp-te...eech-10687912/
No I'm not, I'm saying lovely to what you just said in sarcastic tone.

Even if I was how in earth can you take offence to that, with all the mass misogynistic style onsulte you thrown my way. Playing the sexist card when you are in trouble in debate is poor form and a insult to all people who suffer genuine prejudice.

Hang you head in shame.
Last edited by Burton Bridge; 6 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (201)
23.96%
Pop (208)
24.79%
Jazz (33)
3.93%
Classical (46)
5.48%
Hip-Hop (162)
19.31%