car insurance

Watch
N1999
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
i recently got emailed to say my insurance would be canceled in 10 days but I've heard that if your policy is cancelled you have to declare it every time and it increases car insurance, basically I emailed them and said I want it cancelled effective immedietaly so it is me that cancelled, does anyone know if this changes things so I dont have to tell future insurers?
Emma:-)
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by N1999)
i recently got emailed to say my insurance would be canceled in 10 days but I've heard that if your policy is cancelled you have to declare it every time and it increases car insurance, basically I emailed them and said I want it cancelled effective immedietaly so it is me that cancelled, does anyone know if this changes things so I dont have to tell future insurers?
If its you that cancelled the insurance, then you dont have to declare it.
Its only if the insurance that cancel it that you have to declare it.
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by N1999)
Grey area. Get it in writing that you cancelled it rather than them and you're okay.
N1999
Rep:
?
Grand thanks! They wrote and said it was cancelled when I asked! Also, when I'm trying to get new quotes online some companys that I have been on do not ask about previous insurance? Just no claims but I have 0 and I'm only driving 6 months,? I'm afraid to buy online incase they say that I've had previous insurance and didnt say but it doesnt give the option to, can they tell if you had insurance before
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by N1999)
Grand thanks! They wrote and said it was cancelled when I asked! Also, when I'm trying to get new quotes online some companys that I have been on do not ask about previous insurance? Just no claims but I have 0 and I'm only driving 6 months,? I'm afraid to buy online incase they say that I've had previous insurance and didnt say but it doesnt give the option to, can they tell if you had insurance before
That's not something they care about.
N1999
Rep:
?
Okay thanks, can they tell how long I've owned the car for?
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by N1999)
Okay thanks, can they tell how long I've owned the car for?
Why would that matter? You're usually asked when you purchased it.
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by N1999)
What did they say on the letter?
Did they say on the letter that you cancelled it or that they did?
N1999
Rep:
?
(Original post by Emma:-))
They said they were cancelling it in 10 days so I sent one saying that I want it cancelled effective from now and they said we have cancelled it by your request?
N1999
Rep:
?
(Original post by IWMTom)
Why would that matter? You're usually asked when you purchased it.
Because, when I was filling out online for a new insurance I pressed that I purchased it 2-3 months ago by accident when I meant to press 3-4 so I'm curious if they check this or to ring and say it to them
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by N1999)
Because, when I was filling out online for a new insurance I pressed that I purchased it 2-3 months ago by accident when I meant to press 3-4 so I'm curious if they check this or to ring and say it to them
Insurance companies can and do check things if they want to.
That doesnt really answer my question about what your previous insurer said on the letter though.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by N1999)
It's pretty irrelevant - don't worry about it
N1999
Rep:
?
Insurance companies can and do check things if they want to.
That doesnt really answer my question about what your previous insurer said on the letter though.
I replied above.
"They said they were cancelling it in 10 days so I sent one saying that I want it cancelled effective from now and they said we have cancelled it by your request?

Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by N1999)
I replied above.
"They said they were cancelling it in 10 days so I sent one saying that I want it cancelled effective from now and they said we have cancelled it by your request?

I dont remember seeing thst you had put that. But in any case thats fine, it showed that you cancelled it and not them.
Seeing as they didnt cancel it, you do not need to daclare it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (54)
15.61%
I'm not sure (8)
2.31%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (122)
35.26%
I have already dropped out (6)
1.73%
I'm not a current university student (156)
45.09%

Watched Threads