baeoftae
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 months ago
Okay guys so I did a mock test on medify only for SJ and I got a band 2... is that bad ?? Because apparently a friend of mine was getting band 1 in the mini mocks and he ended up getting band 3 in the actual test...also it said that I was 6% away from the mean...? Idk I’m confused !! Help !!
username2775496
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Basically, if you get Band 1 or 2, you're pretty safe when it comes to applying to UKCAT med schools. If you get Band 3 or 4, it might be a good idea to look at the selection criteria for each UKCAT med school carefully as that may put you at a disadvantage. I was consistently getting Band 1 in my mocks and ended up with Band 2 in the real test.
baeoftae
Rep:
?
(Original post by upbeat4)
Basically, if you get Band 1 or 2, you're pretty safe when it comes to applying to UKCAT med schools. If you get Band 3 or 4, it might be a good idea to look at the selection criteria for each UKCAT med school carefully as that may put you at a disadvantage. I was consistently getting Band 1 in my mocks and ended up with Band 2 in the real test.
Omg I’m worried now ... if I’m getting band 2 in mocks that means I’ll get band 3 or 4....
Sososnake
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by baeoftae)
Okay guys so I did a mock test on medify only for SJ and I got a band 2... is that bad ?? Because apparently a friend of mine was getting band 1 in the mini mocks and he ended up getting band 3 in the actual test...also it said that I was 6% away from the mean...? Idk I’m confused !! Help !!
Relax. Read good medical practice by the gmc and use the official resources to practice. I occasionally got a band 2 on medify and got a band 1 in the real thing by doing the two things above.
username4921794
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Is reading and making notes from guide medify has on SJ sufficient to be able to answer the questions than reading the GMC?
I consistently get band 1 on medify SJ in all 4 mocks i've done so far.
How hard is SJ in the real exam compared to medify?
My exam in a week eeeek
Sososnake
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Aspirin'Dentist)
Is reading and making notes from guide medify has on SJ sufficient to be able to answer the questions than reading the GMC?
I consistently get band 1 on medify SJ in all 4 mocks i've done so far.
How hard is SJ in the real exam compared to medify?
My exam in a week eeeek
Ignore medify questions and use official resources for SJT. Also I’d read gmp just incase
username4921794
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Sososnake)
Ignore medify questions and use official resources for SJT. Also I’d read gmp just incase
Can you send me the link for the gmc guide that I should read because I am confused about which one it is.
Am planning to do all official question banks in 3 days this week and one official mock per day in following 3 days then exam day.
Sososnake
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
(Original post by Aspirin'Dentist)
Can you send me the link for the gmc guide that I should read because I am confused about which one it is.
Am planning to do all official question banks in 3 days this week and one official mock per day in following 3 days then exam day.
Just search ‘good medical practice gmc’ and it will come up 😁 Good luck !
username4921794
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Just search ‘good medical practice gmc’ and it will come up 😁 Good luck !
cool tnx
username2775496
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Omg I’m worried now ... if I’m getting band 2 in mocks that means I’ll get band 3 or 4....
You’ll be fine. I had a friend who consistently got Band 3 and ended up with Band 1 in the exam.
baeoftae
Rep:
?
Which SJT official resources?? Can please send the link ?? Tysm ! (:
Sososnake
Rep:
?
Report 6 months ago
Which SJT official resources?? Can please send the link ?? Tysm ! (:
Look up ucat official practice tests
baeoftae
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
guys is it helpful?? because some posts are saying that it is absolute ****. PLEASE SUGGEST SOMETHING!! I LITERALLY HAVE MY UKCAT 1 DAY LATER
ecolier
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
guys is it helpful?? because some posts are saying that it is absolute ****. PLEASE SUGGEST SOMETHING!! I LITERALLY HAVE MY UKCAT 1 DAY LATER
Post to the UCAT main thread (https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=5794376) and you are much more likely to get a quicker response and more views (by the UCAT takers) rather than making a new thread.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (242)
60.65%
No (82)
20.55%
Not sure (75)
18.8%

Watched Threads