Georgeladel98
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I’m only doing 5 GSCEs, is this going to make me less favourable to University’s or further education. I chose my options so early i had no idea what the difference was between BTECs and GSCEs and how they are not on treated the same in further education .And I am only doing double science. I feel like I made a mistake as so many people do more and why wouldn’t they pick someone who has 9 GSCE over someone who has 5?
Charlotte LG
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Georgeladel98)
I’m only doing 5 GSCEs, is this going to make me less favourable to University’s or further education. I chose my options so early i had no idea what the difference was between BTECs and GSCEs and how they are not on treated the same in further education .And I am only doing double science. I feel like I made a mistake as so many people do more and why wouldn’t they pick someone who has 9 GSCE over someone who has 5?
Don’t worry about that. I did less GCSEs and it worked for me because you can focus more on them and get good grades. If you have 5 passes at GCSE, that’s all you need to do A-Levels, BTECs or whatever you would like and unless you are doing medicine or applying for Oxbridge, universities are not concerned about your GCSEs. I hope this helps! 😊
Georgeladel98
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by Charlotte LG)
Don’t worry about that. I did less GCSEs and it worked for me because you can focus more on them and get good grades. If you have 5 passes at GCSE, that’s all you need to do A-Levels, BTECs or whatever you would like and unless you are doing medicine or applying for Oxbridge, universities are not concerned about your GCSEs. I hope this helps! 😊
thanks I was actually looking into medicine for a while. I know that I would need to get all 7 to get meet the requirements of some medical school (some want more) which then makes me think that even though I might just reach the requirements why wouldn’t they pick someone with mote GSCEs? Also I feel it puts pressure on them subjects as if I don’t get all 7 I can’t do medicine at all. This is more of rant now I don’t think there is much I can do as a medicine school would surely pick someone that has 9 7s at GCSE over someone that has 5 7s?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • University of Bradford
    Postgraduate Open day/Evening Postgraduate
    Tue, 3 Mar '20
  • Queen's University Belfast
    Postgraduate LIVE Masters & PhD Study Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 4 Mar '20

Do you get study leave?