jennifer234
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
what questions do they ask for undergraduates wanting to study cardiac physiology?
HumbleBee_x
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They'll probably describe a clinical scenario and ask how you'd go about finding a solution to it.
jennifer234
Rep:
?
so what advice would you give me to study
mackers_ire
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'd also suggest looking over the basics of which parts form a basic ECG reading, different job roles within cardiac physiology and what you expect your be doing there, and think about how you'd respond to am aggressive patient, and to someone refusing a clinically urgent test
jennifer234
Rep:
?
(Original post by mackers_ire)
I'd also suggest looking over the basics of which parts form a basic ECG reading, different job roles within cardiac physiology and what you expect your be doing there, and think about how you'd respond to am aggressive patient, and to someone refusing a clinically urgent test
thank you are you a student doing the course?
mackers_ire
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by jennifer234)
thank you are you a student doing the course?
No, I'm a previous trainee respiratory physiologist (under the old part-time training route) and still have some friends working in cardiac, respiratory, and neuro. Many of the questions you'll be asked during interview are common to all healthcare degrees however
jennifer234
Rep:
?
thank you do you have advice or help with personal statement
mackers_ire
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
thank you do you have advice or help with personal statement
Focus on why SPECIFICALLY clinical physiology, a generic "I want to work with/help people" will just lead to questions of "why not nursing/physio/psychology? etc." Also be prepared to answer why not a traditional science degree if you focus a lot on that aspect.

Read up on current advances in cardiac tech and treatment e.g. New Scientist, and always remember to link anything you write about back to the profession. You could discuss how cardiac physiology allows you to apply science directly to human health and see the outcomes often immediately.

Remember to discuss any experience you have also. Even if you have no direct healthcare experience, working with members of the public or team members in a job or school/hobby role will allow you to discuss if you like interacting with people, which again you can link back to choosing a science role that requires you to work with patients, rather than in a traditional lab setting.

The most important I'd say, is show an interest in the science and people interactions, the NHS, and why specifically cardiac physiology. Hope this helps
jennifer234
Rep:
?
thank you so much
jennifer234
Rep:
?
do you have a sample statement that can guide me when writing mines
mackers_ire
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
do you have a sample statement that can guide me when writing mines
No sorry I dont. It's also very important that you write your own statement, as in your own words it'll cone across more clearly, and it'll be easier for you to recall what you wrote if questioned on it in your interview
jennifer234
Rep:
?
thank you so much for your help appreciate it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.21%
It's just nice to be back! (193)
27.45%
Not great so far... (251)
35.7%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed