Maintenance Loan Query: Do I pay the rent or does student finance do it for me? Watch

Russellevie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
So I'm aware my student loan course fees go directly to the uni, whereas my maintenance loan goes into my bank account. However, when my rent is due for my student accommodation, will the uni take the money out of my account straight away, or will I have to transfer money to the uni? I know, a stupid question but I'd rather ask than remain confused.. Thanks!
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Russellevie)
So I'm aware my student loan course fees go directly to the uni, whereas my maintenance loan goes into my bank account. However, when my rent is due for my student accommodation, will the uni take the money out of my account straight away, or will I have to transfer money to the uni? I know, a stupid question but I'd rather ask than remain confused.. Thanks!
You pay it yourself to the university. Often through a direct debit.

Check your university website for the payment options/methods.
Russellevie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
You pay it yourself to the university. Often through a direct debit.

Check your university website for the payment options/methods.
I've just entered my payment details on my uni portal for my maintenance. Will the rent be automatically taken out of my account though?
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I've just entered my payment details on my uni portal for my maintenance. Will the rent be automatically taken out of my account though?
Payment details on your uni portal for your maintenance?

Sorry, your question doesn't make much sense to me.

Did you enter your payment details to create a direct debit instruction in order to pay your rent? If so, yes, it will be taken out automatically.

You should check your emails, or contact the university to see what arrangement you've signed up for (if any).
CoolCavy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Only if you have set up a direct debit
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?