Gcse art final piece helpppppp Watch

aysha2004
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
My deadline for my coursework in on dec 2019 but I don’t know what to do for my final piece. Can anyone help me? My cousin work have been based on flowers and leaves?????? Thank youuuuu

gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I did a Republican mural, ha
amnahaa
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What kinda style are you going for? Are there any artists work that you like?
aysha2004
Rep:
?
Tbh I didn’t like any of the artists work that I looked at. So any ideas are welcome and any artist suggestions will be appreciated 😂😂
aysha2004
Rep:
?
(Original post by amnahaa)
What kinda style are you going for? Are there any artists work that you like?
Tbh I didn’t like any of the artists work that I looked at. So any ideas are welcome and any artist suggestions will be appreciated 😂😂
THE-BLACK-CAT
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
What's the title of your project ? Find some artists that you like who's work is based on your theme . If u don't like the artist studies done so far do another one which u do like . Once you have an artist study take something from their work eg style , colours, shapes/images and combine it with your own work . your idea will soon develop as you add things, change things and reflect on your work (through annotations)
Just make sure that everything you do flows in an order. Your work should be like a story, developing and coming to an end
NomeLou
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
When doing our artwork gcse final piece our focus could be anything. I chose fairgrounds as I loved the vibrancy and it also had an undertone of mechanics in there which linked ti an earlier project we had done - I screwed and bolted canvasses together to create a backboard and a ferris wheel in relief and used acrylics to paint. Whatever your choice, ensure its something with lots of dimensions to it i.e.when you're board of one element you can adopt an entirely new idea for your next pre-piece design e.g. I could look at lettering, colours, rides, tickets, food etc and it was also a great excuse to hit the waltzes haha. Sounds like you need a field of focus....natura forms are expansive so what sorts of flower/tree art are you into....e.g. Photo realist, realist, hyperrealist, abstract etc..... Google those terms if unsure and you will find an array of artistic styles and something will inspire you. Art lessons merely introduce you to some artists, check first but its often totally fine to choose a less well known artist to home in on, so long as you have a page where you justify your choice. Personally where trees etc are concerned, I'm a lover of colour and magical/mystical art....take a look at someone like Andy Kehoe if you're into that. Alternatively, go to a local art gallery and choose an art piece you like, google that artist and explore their work. Art is huge! Enjoy
aysha2004
Rep:
?
(Original post by THE-BLACK-CAT)
What's the title of your project ? Find some artists that you like who's work is based on your theme . If u don't like the artist studies done so far do another one which u do like . Once you have an artist study take something from their work eg style , colours, shapes/images and combine it with your own work . your idea will soon develop as you add things, change things and reflect on your work (through annotations)
Just make sure that everything you do flows in an order. Your work should be like a story, developing and coming to an end
thank youu🖤
aysha2004
Rep:
?
(Original post by NomeLou)
When doing our artwork gcse final piece our focus could be anything. I chose fairgrounds as I loved the vibrancy and it also had an undertone of mechanics in there which linked ti an earlier project we had done - I screwed and bolted canvasses together to create a backboard and a ferris wheel in relief and used acrylics to paint. Whatever your choice, ensure its something with lots of dimensions to it i.e.when you're board of one element you can adopt an entirely new idea for your next pre-piece design e.g. I could look at lettering, colours, rides, tickets, food etc and it was also a great excuse to hit the waltzes haha. Sounds like you need a field of focus....natura forms are expansive so what sorts of flower/tree art are you into....e.g. Photo realist, realist, hyperrealist, abstract etc..... Google those terms if unsure and you will find an array of artistic styles and something will inspire you. Art lessons merely introduce you to some artists, check first but its often totally fine to choose a less well known artist to home in on, so long as you have a page where you justify your choice. Personally where trees etc are concerned, I'm a lover of colour and magical/mystical art....take a look at someone like Andy Kehoe if you're into that. Alternatively, go to a local art gallery and choose an art piece you like, google that artist and explore their work. Art is huge! Enjoy
Thank youu🖤
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

University open days

• Regent's University London
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 19 Sep '19
  • Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (201)
23.93%
Pop (209)
24.88%
Jazz (33)
3.93%
Classical (46)
5.48%
Hip-Hop (162)
19.29%
Electronic (57)
6.79%
Indie (132)
15.71%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise