The Student Room Group

How/what alarm method do you use to wake up?

Multiple methods can be used to wake up the next day :teeth: What do you use? E.g. alarm clock, body clock, phone alarm, smart watch etc.

Personally I set several phone alarms on my phone, and also a small timer.as a backup alarm.

How about you? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Nothing works for me. The house could be on fire - literally - and I would sleep through it.
The actual alarm sounded alarm on iPhone. Full blast 😂
My nightmares wake me up too often sadly :frown: other than that at when im at uni on my own i set my alarm on my phone and when im at home i get woken up by my parent coming in going cavvvyyyyy do you want a cup of teaaaa??? :colonhash:

:tea:
Reply 4
Nothing atm. Term-time, phone
I use my three year old tablet as an alarm clock, which works just fine apart from last Monday when the time froze on it for some weird reason meaning I ended waking up two hours late. :colonhash: :lol:
I wake up just before my alarm goes off lol.
Phone alarm clock. x3.

One set for the time I need to get up at.
One set 5 mins before I need to get up.
One set 15 mins before I need to get up.
Reply 8
Wake up to the sound of buzzing flies.... Then I open my eyes and SQOOP
Reply 9
My phone. I set the sound to "Alarm" on my iPhone and set one half an hour before I need to wake up, then maybe 5 minutes apart for 15 minutes before I need to wake up. After a while, I just automatically start waking up around the time my alarm goes off which is a problem during weekends when I actually want to sleep a little longer. :colonhash:
Original post by Chronoscope
Multiple methods can be used to wake up the next day :teeth: What do you use? E.g. alarm clock, body clock, phone alarm, smart watch etc.

Personally I set several phone alarms on my phone, and also a small timer.as a backup alarm.

How about you? :smile:

Good old fashioned alarm clock with a beep that never fails to terrify me to my very soul :smile:
Original post by CoolCavy
My nightmares wake me up too often sadly :frown: other than that at when im at uni on my own i set my alarm on my phone and when im at home i get woken up by my parent coming in going cavvvyyyyy do you want a cup of teaaaa??? :colonhash:

I wish my parent offered to make me tea in the mornings! Normally he hears me getting up and shouts "while you're going to the kitchen, put the kettle on" even if I'm nowhere near the kitchen :laugh::colonhash:
lol am I the only one tht doesn't need an Alarm to wake up
Reply 12
My phone and my iPad, my phone has become less effective though and I’m not sure why. My iPad has been bad at waking me up for the past few months but hopefully that doesn’t continue since I start lectures again tomorrow.
(edited 4 years ago)
I just use my phone alarm but make sure ur phone is on the other side of ur room so u actually have to get up to turn it off
Phone alarm.

It's not been working well at all this last week so last night I changed all the noises they make and this morning was an improvement. :smile:
I usually wake up using a phone alarm or by myself. :dumbells:
However, if I'm not awake by 6.00am my mum throws water on me. Which is nice. :eviltongue:
Original post by OR321
The actual alarm sounded alarm on iPhone. Full blast 😂

yikes :lol: where's the phone placed?

have you slept through anything significant? :smile:
I used naturally wake up at the same time everyday, but now my sleeping schedule has gone whack and I need about 12 alarm reminders
Original post by CoolCavy

:console: that must suck
I wish my parents offered me a hot drink in the morning....on the other hand - I don't like tea :redface:
rooster

Quick Reply

Latest