The Student Room Group

GCSE Revision

So, I’ve been reading about GCSE revision on other threads, and my question is: how long do you actually need to revise for? how’s its been going? or what did you get?

Because, I’ve just started Year 11, and my head of year recommend around 20 minutes every day but the answers I’ve been reading on here have varied from 1-5 hours every day?

thanks in advance for any answers xx
Reply 1
did my GCSEs in 2018 and it depends on how well you cope with and understand the subjects but I think your teacher is spot on- more than 2 hours at the start of the year is ridiculous. You can do that but if you spend 30ish min a day making revision materials throughout the year then revise effectively in maybe a month before your exams start you can do amazing (at least that’s how I did it). I don’t think it’s about the time it’s about the quality of revision- don’t see if you can do hours of revision, see if you can revise for 45 minutes and remember everything you went over. Idk if I’m making much sense, but it’s what worked for me.
Reply 2
1hr a day till Christmas 2 hours a day till February then 4 hours a day right till about Easter then you’re revising the whole day pretty much (i didn’t do this but i wish i did)
Reply 3
Original post by haramyasmin
So, I’ve been reading about GCSE revision on other threads, and my question is: how long do you actually need to revise for? how’s its been going? or what did you get?

Because, I’ve just started Year 11, and my head of year recommend around 20 minutes every day but the answers I’ve been reading on here have varied from 1-5 hours every day?

thanks in advance for any answers xx

I have taken my IGCSE exams last June, and came out with 2 9s and 4 8s. I started revision right after Chinese New Year, doing 3 hours a day, and did as many as 12 hours a day after Easter.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending