fhdkhbeiffwjf
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m a week into 6th form and currently doing geography, maths, further maths and physics. However, I really enjoy biology, and I almost feel jealous of people who are doing biology a level, so I’m considering swapping physics for biology. I got 9s in both at GCSE, however i found physics harder to understand so had to put more work in to get this. The amount of maths in physics shouldn’t be an issue, as I’m doing maths and further maths so there is crossover, but I’m not keen on my teacher and I’m worried I will find it dull. I find biology interesting but I don’t want to just be memorising content over and over, because geography is also content heavy. Is biology more content heavy than physics? And would I be making it too hard for myself by doing biology as it is completely different to maths, whereas physics will have more crossover with my other subjects.
TheOnlyIzzy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This completely depends on what youre intending to study at university, however if you prefer biology then TAKE IT because you will have to study your subject very intensively for 2 years and if you dont enjoy it you WILL NOT be able to study as hard as you need to in order to do well.

personally I took biology alevel (just got my grade a few weeks ago) and I really enjoyed it!
A Rolling Stone
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by fhdkhbeiffwjf)
I’m a week into 6th form and currently doing geography, maths, further maths and physics. However, I really enjoy biology, and I almost feel jealous of people who are doing biology a level, so I’m considering swapping physics for biology. I got 9s in both at GCSE, however i found physics harder to understand so had to put more work in to get this. The amount of maths in physics shouldn’t be an issue, as I’m doing maths and further maths so there is crossover, but I’m not keen on my teacher and I’m worried I will find it dull. I find biology interesting but I don’t want to just be memorising content over and over, because geography is also content heavy. Is biology more content heavy than physics? And would I be making it too hard for myself by doing biology as it is completely different to maths, whereas physics will have more crossover with my other subjects.
i did A level Biology, got an A* (98% UMS), graduated with a biology degree. now work in biology. do physics.
fhdkhbeiffwjf
Rep:
?
(Original post by IzzyGC)
This completely depends on what youre intending to study at university, however if you prefer biology then TAKE IT because you will have to study your subject very intensively for 2 years and if you dont enjoy it you WILL NOT be able to study as hard as you need to in order to do well.

personally I took biology alevel (just got my grade a few weeks ago) and I really enjoyed it!
thanks for the advice! I’ve decided to try and switch to biology
TheOnlyIzzy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by fhdkhbeiffwjf)
thanks for the advice! I’ve decided to try and switch to biology
Great! Good luck! Xx
fhdkhbeiffwjf
Rep:
?
(Original post by A Rolling Stone)
i did A level Biology, got an A* (98% UMS), graduated with a biology degree. now work in biology. do physics.
thank you, but I’m ignoring your advice (sorry) and doing biology, fair play though aha
vapeboi
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I did both bio and physics.

do physics.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion ā€“ Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (136)
17.82%
It's just nice to be back! (204)
26.74%
Not great so far... (274)
35.91%
I want to drop out! (149)
19.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed