unblessedcoffee
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by tiktoksensation)
just curious lol x

also feel free to discuss ops below
Interesting options, basically remain or leave, but leave is split into three options.

Deal, No Deal and Renegotiate are all the same option. Renegotiate is just getting another deal, so those two are the same. And even No Deal, which basically means trade on WTO terms, is a form of 'deal'. It doesn't mean all trade with the EU will stop.

If you just want to ignore the referendum and remain, this country will never be the same again. There is no version of Brexit that will be worse for us than no Brexit at this point.
maciek69
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by tiktoksensation)
just curious lol x

also feel free to discuss ops below
I would support May's deal over anything else. By far the best option.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by maciek69)
I would support May's deal over anything else. By far the best option.
That is one hell of a low bar you seem to be going from...
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Mays deal. We then have a period of relative stability to negotiate our long term future with the EU. Hard Brexit is just plain stupidity on every level and will hit those who can least afford to be hit.
Alt Tankie
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
A deal may have been possible in the beginning if handled right.

Now the only option is remain or no deal.

No deal it is
Greywolftwo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Alt Tankie)

No deal it is
You can’t have remain as an option, I believe we should remain but I know it’s a reality we can’t have. If people (remainers) want another vote that would be undemocratic
jc933
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Remove Remain as an option. If Remain won, leave wouldn't be an option 3 years down the line.
Alt Tankie
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Greywolftwo)
You can’t have remain as an option, I believe we should remain but I know it’s a reality we can’t have. If people (remainers) want another vote that would be undemocratic
Disagree actually.

If there was a general election and a party was elected on a platform of shelving article 50 and staying on the EU I’d see that as democratic and legitimate.

This is at least honest which is why I have so much more respect for ken Clarke who supports this position.

Napp
maciek69
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Napp)
That is one hell of a low bar you seem to be going from...
I'm not saying it's good or anything. I just think it's better than a no deal or remain.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
No Deal.

The sooner we leave, the sooner we can gain a semblance of normality.
Greywolftwo
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Disagree actually.

If there was a general election and a party was elected on a platform of shelving article 50 and staying on the EU I’d see that as democratic and legitimate.

This is at least honest which is why I have so much more respect for ken Clarke who supports this position.

Napp
No I agree with you, I take my previous comment back as I hadn’t thought of that
noahhh
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
No Deal.

This.
Rakas21
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Disagree actually.

Napp
I actually agree with this as well (though oppose the position). I have far more respect for parties and people who are at least honest than Labour types to run on a hard(ish) Brexit manifesto and then pretend they've had a conversion a year later.
Alt Tankie
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
No Deal.

Nope.

The reason brexit happened is people were disgusted by the status quo. Some people like Gove May think we can continue as before but even if the economic conditions remain the same (they aren’t) people will not be satisfied with that.
Retired_Messiah
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago

No deal it is
You can always open up the common market/freedom of movement for negotiation. That not coming up at all is May's fault (and by extension also Boris'), not the EU's.
Alt Tankie
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
You can always open up the common market/freedom of movement for negotiation. That not coming up at all is May's fault (and by extension also Boris'), not the EU's.
Ending free movement is one of if not the central reason why people voted to leave the EU. Even Theresa Nay had enough sense to recognise this.

I also don't blame much of this on the EU - these are all problems caused by our own politicians although admittedly a lot of them are being seemingly directed by the EU
NJA
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Personally, I've chosen the Doris Day option.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (38)
7.44%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (298)
58.32%
No (175)
34.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed