Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
So basically missed a combined pill on Wednesday, didn’t realise I was supposed to take 2 to make up for it but continued to take my other pills as normal after that, had unprotected sex with my bf on Saturday and woke up this morning with some bleeding. Is the bleeding from the missed pill? Should I be worried bc I missed a pill on Wednesday??
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So basically missed a combined pill on Wednesday, didn’t realise I was supposed to take 2 to make up for it but continued to take my other pills as normal after that, had unprotected sex with my bf on Saturday and woke up this morning with some bleeding. Is the bleeding from the missed pill? Should I be worried bc I missed a pill on Wednesday??
Missing one pill can potentially put you at risk of pregnancy. It would be worth checking the leaflet that comes with your medication.

Generally, the advice with most combined pills is that you need to be taking it every day for at least a week in order to be protected from pregnancy at the advertised level.

Some NHS advice here:
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/contra...combined-pill/
Apachecow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
No point in worrying now as there is nothing you can do about it. You know the correct action to take next time. Realistically missing 1 pill you are unlikely to be pregnant. It could be a little breakthrough bleeding, could be a withdrawal bleed, but 6 days later is unlikely. Sometimes vagina's do funny things.

When are you next due a break? Do you just run 1 pack at a time?
Monmo74
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Apachecow)
No point in worrying now as there is nothing you can do about it. You know the correct action to take next time. Realistically missing 1 pill you are unlikely to be pregnant. It could be a little breakthrough bleeding, could be a withdrawal bleed, but 6 days later is unlikely. Sometimes vagina's do funny things.

When are you next due a break? Do you just run 1 pack at a time?
I haven’t had a period in a few months maybe 3? Because I have skipped the placebo pills, I think the small amount of bleeding I’ve had is because of that.
Last edited by Monmo74; 1 week ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (41)
7.78%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (308)
58.44%
No (178)
33.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed