GetGradenines
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by georgia-marie)
No, I'm not but the other guy said he was.
yh i meant OP
JICMB77
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I didn’t start proper revision until February half term and got eleven grade 9’s. Quality over quantity. Never do more than 1 hour of the same subject without having a break.
During term time, I made a list each Sunday night of everything I wanted to get done that school week, and divided up the tasks so I did roughly the same amount each day. During half term/ Easter holiday I made a strict timetable for each day - same amount for each subject. If you want more specific help then feel free to ask. Good luck.
DD_vendz
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by JICMB77)
I didn’t start proper revision until February half term and got eleven grade 9’s. Quality over quantity. Never do more than 1 hour of the same subject without having a break.
During term time, I made a list each Sunday night of everything I wanted to get done that school week, and divided up the tasks so I did roughly the same amount each day. During half term/ Easter holiday I made a strict timetable for each day - same amount for each subject. If you want more specific help then feel free to ask. Good luck.
please could u specify, and also any advice on a-levels and would u recommend starting in september
JICMB77
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Firstly, I have literally only just started A Levels so I’m afraid won’t be able to give you much advice there. If you have a rough plan of what you want to do in future, then direct your A Level options towards that. I’m taking Politics, Geography, Sociology and Environmental Science which all link well together and are related to the field of work I want to pursue. If you are unsure on future aspiration, choose a wide variation of subjects to keep options open, and also check University requirements for any Uni courses you are considering. More on timetables in a bit, need to do something first!
DD_vendz
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Firstly, I have literally only just started A Levels so I’m afraid won’t be able to give you much advice there. If you have a rough plan of what you want to do in future, then direct your A Level options towards that. I’m taking Politics, Geography, Sociology and Environmental Science which all link well together and are related to the field of work I want to pursue. If you are unsure on future aspiration, choose a wide variation of subjects to keep options open, and also check University requirements for any Uni courses you are considering. More on timetables in a bit, need to do something first!
thanks for the advice, could you answer a question on my thread thannks
JICMB77
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I’m new to the whole Student Room thing - how do I access your question on your thread? Sorry for the stupidity.
Abzdot
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by GetGradenines)
lol, please don't tell me you are revising 4 hours a day for your GCSEs in september?
I am only doing it so my application grades will be the best possible against other people because other people are applying with 7-8s
georgia-marie
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
yh i meant OP
I am the OP
georgia-marie
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I’m new to the whole Student Room thing - how do I access your question on your thread? Sorry for the stupidity.
Don't worry, I had the same problem at first. You have to click on page one at the top instead of page 2
Kaiix
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Don’t even stress, a level will hit you like a truck so just get good grades and that’s it lol, I didn’t even revise much and I got 7s+
kkai
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I did 100 hours altogether, outside of lessons and got 8s/9s with 2 7s but most of it was cramming/useless aesthetic note making soo
Last edited by kkai; 1 week ago
GetGradenines
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Abzdot)
I am only doing it so my application grades will be the best possible against other people because other people are applying with 7-8s
i know im different but i studied for the day b4 each exam and my aps was 7.5. It only takes a week max to study for a single paper, bar maths.
Abzdot
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
i know im different but i studied for the day b4 each exam and my aps was 7.5. It only takes a week max to study for a single paper, bar maths.
for me its harder because i go to a school that has lots of students who don't care about getting above a 4 so i need to work more to get over those grades. Also when i revise science has different topics so what i am doing is ordering each topic so before i do the mocks so it will all be in my head, i also do lots of past papers and tuition
GetGradenines
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Abzdot)
for me its harder because i go to a school that has lots of students who don't care about getting above a 4 so i need to work more to get over those grades. Also when i revise science has different topics so what i am doing is ordering each topic so before i do the mocks so it will all be in my head, i also do lots of past papers and tuition
my skl was just like that, i didn't do tuition tho
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Stirling
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Thu, 26 Sep '19
  • Heriot-Watt University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Scottish Borders Campus Undergraduate
    Fri, 27 Sep '19
  • Royal Holloway, University of London
    Undergraduate open day Undergraduate
    Sat, 28 Sep '19

Are you attending a Global Climate Strike?

Yes, I'm striking (39)
7.59%
No, but I wanted to/I support the cause (299)
58.17%
No (176)
34.24%

Watched Threads