Student with stoma accused by Wetherspoons staff of taking drugs Watch

-Eirlys-
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Amber Davies, 21, from Builth Wells, has a stoma after being diagnosed with ulcerative colitis aged 13.
While on a night out in Birmingham, she was "grabbed" by a bouncer after coming out of the disabled toilet.
Wetherspoons said staff apologised for the "confusing situation".
Amber posted an open letter on her Instagram account detailing her experience, saying the door staff "very happily and very openly accused me of snorting, dealing and having sex in the disabled toilet for 'there is no other reason I would need to visit it so often'".
"I got grabbed by a female bouncer and my boyfriend by a male bouncer, we were accused of using them [the disabled toilet] for the wrong reasons," Amber told the BBC.
"She [the bouncer] was quite reluctant to listen to my side of the story, I said it bluntly and I didn't raise my voice once."

Read more here.
looloo2134
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Bouncers are never most understanding of people that why they have that job.
_Wellies_
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by -Eirlys-)
Amber posted an open letter on her Instagram account detailing her experience, saying the door staff "very happily and very openly accused me of snorting, dealing and having sex in the disabled toilet for 'there is no other reason I would need to visit it so often'".
Isn't that what the disabled toilets in Wetherspoons are for?

During my very brief time working at Wetherspoons, one of the girls who worked behind the bar got caught sucking off one of the bouncers in the disabled toilet. Classy place.
Just my opinion
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
In all fairness, in any given year, the bouncer will have come across hundreds of young people trying to sneakily do drugs in the loo and likely not one with a stoma.
It was obviously a genuine misunderstanding.
Last edited by Just my opinion; 1 week ago
simon_g
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by _Wellies_)
Isn't that what the disabled toilets in Wetherspoons are for?

During my very brief time working at Wetherspoons, one of the girls who worked behind the bar got caught sucking off one of the bouncers in the disabled toilet. Classy place.
"any room for a third one?"
btw, you wouldn't have her phone number, would you? i'm asking for a friend...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (188)
23.98%
Pop (191)
24.36%
Jazz (30)