Omitted mental health declaration but want to quit for that reason? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm a teacher trainee and I've just realised, with having to sign so many forms, that I didn't check the box for anxiety and depression. However, after my last class on Friday, I felt like I couldn't carry on with the course. I want to tell them I quit because of medical reasons (no job is going to have me plummet to such despair) but that would mean I'd have to admit omission from my health forms? I was going to tell them that I can get a doctors note to show them what meds I've been on in the past so that they don't think I'm being dramatic or lying, but then they'll accuse me of lying? I really don't feel mentally capable of fulfilling my role. I'm not really an authoritative person; I don't have "that" teacher voice/look that gets them to behave. What should I do? I don't mind the gap in my employment if I quit, because this job is draining af!
Last edited by Interrobang; 1 week ago
Mom$$
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm a teacher trainee and I've just realised, with having to sign so many forms, that I didn't check the box for anxiety and depression. However, after my last class on Friday, I felt like I couldn't carry on with the course. I want to tell them I quit because of medical reasons (no job is going to have me plummet to such despair) but that would mean I'd have to admit omission from my health forms? I was going to tell them that I can get a doctors note to show them what meds I've been on in the past so that they don't think I'm being dramatic or lying, but then they'll accuse me of lying? I really don't feel mentally capable of fulfilling my role. I'm not really an authoritative person; I don't have "that" teacher voice/look that gets them to behave. What should I do? I don't mind the gap in my employment if I quit, because this job is draining af!
how long have you been in training. you are able to withdraw at any point by mutual consent I think. If you are struggling because of class room experience and your supervisor thinks you are not doing well use that as a reason for withdrawing. You don't have to say anything about your health.
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Can I ask what sort of course you are doing? Have you just started?

No-one is going to force you to continue if you are unhappy- If you tell your tutors you think the course is going to affect your mental health negatively, I'm sure they will support you in dropping out.

You don't have to admit to the lie/mistake if you don't want to stay.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (188)
23.98%
Pop (191)
24.36%
Jazz (30)
3.83%
Classical (46)
5.87%
Hip-Hop (148)
18.88%