The Student Room Group

Not going to university?

-Girl parties every night with her friends throughout her undergraduate degree in Edinburgh
-Gets a post grad visa to start a Masters course in UK
-Gets enrolled at Uni of Bristol but does not book an accommodation in Bristol
-Rents a flat in Edinburgh to stay with friends there
- Goes to Bristol every 3 weeks but stays in Edinburgh all the time

Is this right? Or can this lead to potential problems in future?
No that won't lead any problems i guess. It's your freedom you can stay in NYC and go 3 weeks your uni in Bristol.
My daughter lives in Bristol and is doing post grad in London - goes to London very occasionally
Reply 3
Original post by thelocalkid
No that won't lead any problems i guess. It's your freedom you can stay in NYC and go 3 weeks your uni in Bristol.

So I dont have to uni then?
Reply 4
are there attendance requirements for your visa and are you meeting them?

other than that i don't know what you're worried about(?).
Reply 5
Original post by Joleee
are there attendance requirements for your visa and are you meeting them?

other than that i don't know what you're worried about(?).

Tier 4 students are said to be regular as unis claim they have to report to home office but I don't know if they actually check it
Reply 6
you better find that out. i'm on a Tier 4 visa and so was my flatmate. we had to attend 80% of our classes and the school did indeed check. my flatmate was consistently below that and was almost kicked out of uni.
Reply 7
Original post by Joleee
you better find that out. i'm on a Tier 4 visa and so was my flatmate. we had to attend 80% of our classes and the school did indeed check. my flatmate was consistently below that and was almost kicked out of uni.

I know that and I still didnt secure an accommodation in Bristol. Tbh I don't want to study I just want to live in UK and have fun
Reply 8
that's why they check, to prevent immigration fraud. otherwise anyone could get a student visa and just live on the beach.

i don't care what you do, just be mindful you're taking a risk by not meeting your visa requirements. i'd find out how they monitor attendance. i've seen tsr users need advise on here after losing their visa.
You shouldn't go to uni if all you want to do is party. That's what the benefits system is for if you want that life :rolleyes:
Well you have to go to your Uni and attend your lessons. Failture to do so may lead problems such as your visa being in danger. At least attend their minimum attendance criteria, if you're have not attended their minimum of attendance criteria then yes, you're in trouble.

Quick Reply

Latest