Opinions on btec level 3 extended diploma in applied science Watch

Sisterinhumanity
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm in year 11 and I am thinking about the courses I want to take in college/sixth form.

I recently came across a lvl 3 ext dip course in Applied science.

I want to know how difficult the course is?
I read the spec and..it seems prettty hard...
Last edited by Sisterinhumanity; 1 week ago
H__Ally
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi
Im a new student to sixth form. I just started BTEC applied science level 3 a couple of days ago.

Unfortunately, I cant give you enough information about it as i have only just started. But what i learnt within these last few days is that, It isnt easy at all. Whether you do BTEC or A-Levels. What i do have to say about it is that, You have course work.Which is good. Its called an assessment brief and you have to do well in all of them,Especially the first. Its the internal part.And You have Lessons and Exams(Just like A-levels). This part is The external part.

The work you do in BTEC is very similar to A-Level except, You are doing more practical and revision based work rather than doing revision based only.
People see BTEC in a bad light and I really hope no else does. Its just as beneficial as A-Level and You can still get into a Top University such as UCL,LSE,Cambridge,Oxford,Oxbride and much more.

However, All of that comes with a price. If you dont do well in your first Exam or Assessment Brief then Your in abit of trouble . For example say your assessment brief was graded a P(Pass),You cant get anything higher than a Pass.Which is a little sad when you think about it. Im still sure why its like that,But it is. Also if you hand in your course work late without a valid reason then your in trouble.But you can Resubmit the assessment brief and get a better grade.

Your a GCSE student now. My advice to you is to Revise Right now! Hear me out. Revision Last minute is not a good idea. Its better to be safe than sorry. Also, when you’ve finished school, dont relax for too long. Revise everything you learnt that day, while its still fresh in your head. Sacrifice any distractions. That includes your phone and friends.The Gcses are very serious and you must get rid anything that isnt doing good for you. I promise you it will take you far. And you’ll be kissing your own hand on results day. LMAO(:

Im really sorry if this wasn’t a-lot of information . But i hope it was enough information to understand the expectations of BTEC.I wish you all the best of luck in your Upcoming exams and your future. 😁
Sisterinhumanity
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by H__Ally)
Hi
Im a new student to sixth form. I just started BTEC applied science level 3 a couple of days ago.

Unfortunately, I cant give you enough information about it as i have only just started. But what i learnt within these last few days is that, It isnt easy at all. Whether you do BTEC or A-Levels. What i do have to say about it is that, You have course work.Which is good. Its called an assessment brief and you have to do well in all of them,Especially the first. Its the internal part.And You have Lessons and Exams(Just like A-levels). This part is The external part.

The work you do in BTEC is very similar to A-Level except, You are doing more practical and revision based work rather than doing revision based only.
People see BTEC in a bad light and I really hope no else does. Its just as beneficial as A-Level and You can still get into a Top University such as UCL,LSE,Cambridge,Oxford,Oxbride and much more.

However, All of that comes with a price. If you dont do well in your first Exam or Assessment Brief then Your in abit of trouble . For example say your assessment brief was graded a P(Pass),You cant get anything higher than a Pass.Which is a little sad when you think about it. Im still sure why its like that,But it is. Also if you hand in your course work late without a valid reason then your in trouble.But you can Resubmit the assessment brief and get a better grade.

Your a GCSE student now. My advice to you is to Revise Right now! Hear me out. Revision Last minute is not a good idea. Its better to be safe than sorry. Also, when you’ve finished school, dont relax for too long. Revise everything you learnt that day, while its still fresh in your head. Sacrifice any distractions. That includes your phone and friends.The Gcses are very serious and you must get rid anything that isnt doing good for you. I promise you it will take you far. And you’ll be kissing your own hand on results day. LMAO(:

Im really sorry if this wasn’t a-lot of information . But i hope it was enough information to understand the expectations of BTEC.I wish you all the best of luck in your Upcoming exams and your future. 😁
Thanks for the advice sis and may you have a successful year!!
STU56153
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Sisterinhumanity)
I'm in year 11 and I am thinking about the courses I want to take in college/sixth form.

I recently came across a lvl 3 ext dip course in Applied science.

I want to know how difficult the course is?
I read the spec and..it seems prettty hard...
my bro is going warwick with D*D*D* in that so its alright he said
smithellis1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Hiya,

I havnt done this corse but what i’d say is do an extended certificate rather than an extended diploma so that you can do it in combination of other subjects.

I was addiment i was going to do an extended diploma in art but in two years time you might be completely sick of the subject and that’s all you’ll have.

You can do this type of corse in IB sixth forms (mine does the careers related program which is really good)

Whatever you decide to do best of luck x
Sisterinhumanity
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by STU56153)
my bro is going warwick with D*D*D* in that so its alright he said
Wow! Good for him.
Was it challenging at all? What was it like compared to science at GCSE level?
Sisterinhumanity
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 days ago
(Original post by smithellis1)
Hiya,

I havnt done this corse but what i’d say is do an extended certificate rather than an extended diploma so that you can do it in combination of other subjects.

I was addiment i was going to do an extended diploma in art but in two years time you might be completely sick of the subject and that’s all you’ll have.

You can do this type of corse in IB sixth forms (mine does the careers related program which is really good)

Whatever you decide to do best of luck x
Yeah, maybe you're right. Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.
I'm not choosing subject 'til November, I think, so I need as much advice as I can get. Thanks, again!
STU56153
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Sisterinhumanity)
Wow! Good for him.
Was it challenging at all? What was it like compared to science at GCSE level?
he was a little bit above average and he got C for language and B for maths with previous GCSE grades system back then and hes going to top10 uni. If he can do it, u can as well. lets get it
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (204)
23.5%
Pop (214)
24.65%
Jazz (33)