Going to uni with absolutely no money? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
I'm starting uni in a few days, I don't want to defer another year (I took a gap year last year just because I wanted to,I don't want to be starting uni at 20 now just because of this though). My SFE hasn't came in yet because I'm having trouble finding evidence of residency, I have some now I'm sending off tommorow and hopefully it'll be enough but I'm not sure. I'm fine with rent until October, how ever I am worried about food and other stuff. I don't need to buy much for university, and I can borrow some money from my bf at first but I don't really want to be relying on him. Obviously I'm going to try to find a job the second I get there too.
Just want to know anybody had any experience with starting of uni with not much money, or if anyone has any tips how to survive?
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm starting uni in a few days, I don't want to defer another year (I took a gap year last year just because I wanted to,I don't want to be starting uni at 20 now just because of this though). My SFE hasn't came in yet because I'm having trouble finding evidence of residency, I have some now I'm sending off tommorow and hopefully it'll be enough but I'm not sure. I'm fine with rent until October, how ever I am worried about food and other stuff. I don't need to buy much for university, and I can borrow some money from my bf at first but I don't really want to be relying on him. Obviously I'm going to try to find a job the second I get there too.
Just want to know anybody had any experience with starting of uni with not much money, or if anyone has any tips how to survive?
are you eligible to get a student account so you can have a student overdraft as a cushion for a little while?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by claireestelle)
are you eligible to get a student account so you can have a student overdraft as a cushion for a little while?
Gotta wait a few months to get a student bank account bc I paid one phone bill a day late when I had direct debit so my account went into unarranged overdraft, so gotta wait a bit to reapply.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Durham University
    Pre-Application Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • Loughborough University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19
  • University of Oxford
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 20 Sep '19

What's your favourite genre?